Equipment value

• hooknfinger
    Rochester, Minnesota

What resources do you guys use to judge the value of food plot equipment. I’ve got Some equipment I’m going to put on the market and wanted to get an idea on where to start for a price.

Any suggestions on where to list it? I get tired of the Craigslist/facebook low ball offers/trades.

Tom Albrecht
    Eau Claire

I’ve seen TractorHouse used a few times at banks to get an estimated value. If I remember right it’s typically larger equipment on there but I’m sure there’s a bit of everything. Might be worth a look.

klang

You could look on Craigslist/eBay/FB and put in the implement you are wanting to sell, see what other people are asking for it.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

What resources do you guys use to judge the value of food plot equipment. I’ve got Some equipment I’m going to put on the market and wanted to get an idea on where to start for a price.

Any suggestions on where to list it? I get tired of the Craigslist/facebook low ball offers/trades.

It cam be difficult to price plotting equipment. First off tell us what you have and the condition.

If it’s ag equipment being used for food plotting, looking at AuctionHouse, Machinery Pete, Tractor House, etc can help, but you have to dig for similar listings because it can be difficult to find your exact model.

Food plot specific equipment the issue is that so little of it goes up for sale that you have to look really hard to find listings for similar equipment. Then there’s the issue of knowing what it actually sold for vs the listing price.

Facebook and CL are still the go-to places. If I’m firm on price, I usually word the ad something like $XXXX, firm. No offers by email/text/messaging, no lowballs, no trades, no kidding.

Facebook is by far the worst for getting messages with lowball offers. It’s so easy for lowballers to just fire off an IM and “see what happens. It’s just part of the game, I just accept it and dont’ let it bug me.

Good equipment that has been well maintained will sell quickly if priced right. It seems to me that the more the seller tries to make a killing, the more frustrated they seem to get and then you see the ad text gets more and more angry toward “lowballers” etc. Priced right and it should sell quickly in this market.

hooknfinger
    Rochester, Minnesota

2012 kubota L3800 4wd loader ag tires wheel weights on the rear, no cab. Around 150 hours
    72 inch land pride brush hog, slip clutch, just put a new set of blades on it
    66 inch land pride reverse tine tiller with slip clutch
    66 inch brillion seeder, was serviced by the dealer 2 years ago with new chains and timed it
    72 inch land pride land plane with ripper shanks
    2 row AC corn/bean plate planter, I’ve got about 12 different sets of plates

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.