Episode 1

• Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Great to see you guys out on the ice again.

Ice Defense, Is that new? How well does it work at ‘0’, and on the battery?

I like the no trip door on the Eskimo. Anyone want to buy an Otter resort hub?

hawghunter08

The door on those shacks are nice. Eskimo has always made a pretty good pop up style shelter.

Deuces

Love my evo1.

Still want to hear some reviews on the Eskimo suits.

Awesome episode guys! I live close to the Detriot Lakes area and now I’m pumped to go fishing. Did you guys drop Otter and sign on with Eskimo?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

James explains it on the general discussion forum talking about season 14.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Ice Defense came out this year (or at least was brought mainstream this year). It’s a pretty cool product. It moves a lot of water for a small pump and has different settings of how much turbulence you want.

I just have a hard time spending $99 on something to keep my ice holes open when it’s really not that big of an issue for me. Cool gadget though.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Thanks Fire,
    I just ordered a couple.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Anyone want to buy an Otter resort hub?

You better sell it soon Eelpout or you will be the only one on IDO that will promote Otter. I can see it now. The Otters or ok but negative remark, negative comment… That’s why I have an Eskimo, positive comment,… jester

tangler
    Inactive

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>eelpoutguy wrote:</div>
    Anyone want to buy an Otter resort hub?

You better sell it soon Eelpout or you will be the only one on IDO that will promote Otter. I can see it now. The Otters or ok but negative remark, negative comment… That’s why I have an Eskimo, positive comment,… jester

IDO announces their new partnership with Zebco, forum responds. . . “I tried a friend’s Helios and it was a nice reel and all, but I tend to stick with the classics. I can’t justify the price of a Helios when it doesn’t even have a button.”

Justin Paulsen

Great to see you guys out on the ice again.

I like the no trip door on the Eskimo. Anyone want to buy an Otter resort hub?

Otter resort hub you say…. wink

riverruns
    Inactive

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>eelpoutguy wrote:</div>

Over in the Ice Fishing Forum https://www.in-depthoutdoors.com/community/forums/topic/cold-nation-ice-defense/

One person talked about last year at the Brainerd Jaycees. In case you weren’t there neither was the warm weather. Might have cracked zero around 2pm.

Correct. waytogo

We still fished and cleaned our holes manually as we do every year. We caught fish.

I would get 1 but it wouldn’t get used enough.

The price would have to come down to the $20 range or less. toast

The one thing I did see at the contest were a group of people using the Pantoptix and sending people out with chisels and opening holes. They would then use other electronics to figure out the rest.

Couldn’t understand the language but visually I could see what was going on. whistling

Ryan Wilson

The same exact thing can be accomplished with a hollow tube and an airstone. It’s just a lift tube. Think of a sponge filter for an aquarium. Literally the same exact concept expect its air driven instead of impeller driven. Don’t most of you guys run an aerator for bait anyways? Split the airline and boom…..just saved you $95. OR, just use a separate aerator and boom….. just saved you $80. Just use a weighted airstone. I know they make 12v aerators you could mount to a sonar in the same fashion. You could even use an inline valve to control the flow rate.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.