English River @ Grassy Narrows Report 6/22 thru 6/27

• bigstorm
    Southern WI

Year #16 for us up there and this year was another year of low water (3yrs in a row now). We got to the launch about noon on 6/22 after an all night drive and picking up our bait order at Sunset Baits, then waiting for the grocery and the Beer store to open in Kenora. Had the boats unloaded at the cabins and we headed out fishing by 2pm or so

The first half day and and the following day were just spent checking out normal spots from the cabin up to Maynard Falls. We found a few spots that didnt hold many fish and a few spots that held better numbers and we focused on those areas (5 or 6 spots) for the rest of the trip.

Overall, the number of walleyes was down for us looking back at our past years up there, but with 90% of our fish being in the 14″ to 18″ range I cant complain. My boat ended with 387 fish (365 being walleyes) between 2 of us and the other boat with 2 in it ended with 574 fish caught.

We dont target Northern but we always end up with some, the biggest this year was a 41″ and thru all of our years up there, we have never caught a 30″ walleye although we have 15 or so that were over 29″. This year I got 2 @ 30″ up there

Weather was great, only needed the rain gear for about 30min total for the week, only 1 day of fairy strong wind. Already have next year booked. Now its time to wait for my next fishing trip in early October to Rainy Lake

Attachments:
    1. 20190627_133719.jpg

2. 20190623_150711.jpg

rwilliam
    St.Paul, Mn

Great report. I have a friend that was up there a couple weeks ago. Haven’t talked to him yet, so i can’t tell you how they did.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.