Emergency boarding ladder.

• robby
    Quad Cities

Hi all. I am looking to have an emergency boarding ladder installed on the transom of my boat. It is a 1996 Skeeter bass rig. I am looking for something that is permanently installed and does not hang down in the water below the hull when running. Thinking something that is hinged, flips up and locks in stowed position when not being used, but easy to deploy when needed in an emergency. Anyone have any ideas. The guy I plan to use to install this has sent me what he was thinking, but this deal is detachable, and only the bracket is permanent on the boat. This defeats my purpose as when running the ladder will be below the water line, and if I detach the ladder, then it is not ready to go in an emergency. Anyone have any ideas? My boat is not easy to climb into from the water. I fell in, more of a know I was going to fall, controlled jump a year ago, into cold water. Skim ice on the coves. I was not alone and I swam the boat to where I could touch bottom and sprung off bottom and was able to board no problem. I can also climb up the motor if need be, but this is not optimal. My Dad is getting older, I am too for that matter, and am a fat guy with a bad back. I believe this ladder idea is a good one. Kids may also use it when we go tubing or skiing. Anyways, the guy who I plan to do the work says options are limited for bass rigs. So I really appreciate any suggestions. Thanks all.

robby
    Quad Cities

Yes, this is what I have been imagining. I sent this link to my boat guy. Thank you. Be safe, and rip em’!

Reef W

Look up “all aboard ladder”. It mounts to the motor bolts, or jack plate if you have one, and it’s compact with a button to drop it down. “E-ladder” is a similar one and I think the original but when I was looking people said all aboard was better.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

There was one recently listed in the classified page . Might want to see if it is still available.

R & R Emergency Boarding Ladder

robby
    Quad Cities

Thank you all. Better safe than sorry! Appreciate your care.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.