Electronics Install Cabela’s

• Ed
    Minnetrista, MN

I’m changing things big time on my fiberglass deep hull boat. I’m adding a Minnkota 36v trolling motor, which also means 2 more batteries. I’m also going from 5 inches to 10 inches on the humminbird. Along with the ability to add additional products.

Apparently Cabela’s installs this equipment. I have an appointment with them 2 weeks from now. Does any one have experience with there installation work? If so did they do a good job?

Thanks

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

…about 14 years ago. I had great service with them. Timely and they did a good clean job. I purchased the boat and everything from them and this was their Rogers location. If you want anything done specifically, like certain sized/gauge wires, talk about it before hand.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I had my boat rigged by the service location in Woodbury in 2015 when I originally bought the boat. No issues.

I have since taken it to the Rogers location (because its closer to my house) for winterization in October and have not experienced a problem.

rjohnson8404

I had my boat rigged by the cabela’s in Rogers back in 2016. Overall they did a good job with wire management and keeping everything hidden and clean. My only complaint was they didn’t use a transducer mounting plate. They drilled straight into my aluminum boat. Now I know it’s not a major thing but I just think it looks better and better for water tightness with the board. That was my only issue. Otherwise I think they will be just fine. Maybe just ask them when you drop it off to make sure they use a board. Never crossed my mind untill it was picked back up.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.