Electric snowblower?

• weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

As my insurance agent he should just come do it for me, customer appreciation.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

As my insurance agent he should just come do it for me, customer appreciation.

I’d agree.

BrianF

My single stage Ego was no match for the 15” of moisture-heavy #14 all-time MN snowfall this week. Wound-up shoveling half the drive-way, while my wife peaked out the window every few mins to make sure the Grim Reaper didn’t step in to end my misery.

Those things are great for smaller/moderate sized jobs and snow amounts. Mega-storms? Not so much…

Attachments:
    1. 1BD897A0-5E68-4413-836C-54A63DFFC4AF-scaled.jpeg

2. 0E4B5D06-EAB9-41CC-AD4F-DBFAC8B61443-scaled.jpeg

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

My single stage Ego was no match for the 15” of moisture-heavy…

My neighbor has the same (or very similar) machine. When he bought it, I laughed, but I have been impressed with it. This past storm, I took care of his plow berm with my Ariens, but his Ego can usually take care of the rest.

Jensen

Anyone have a 2 stage Ego? Been looking at those for the berms left by snowplow.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

@weedis
    If you talk sweetly to @bigwerm, he might let you borrow his Toro.

If we lived even remotely close I’d be happy to…until then I think Weedis should work on the Mrs and let me know how that turns out for you! Also, Ralph I call it the Tesloro for future reference. rotflol

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

while my wife peaked out the window every few mins to make sure the Grim Reaper didn’t step in to end my misery.

Lol, At least your wife peaks out the window!

If we lived even remotely close I’d be happy to…until then I think Weedis should work on the Mrs and let me know how that turns out for you! Also, Ralph I call it the Tesloro for future reference. rotflol
    [/quote]

I bet you can guess how that is going to turn out with the Mrs!

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I bet you can guess how that is going to turn out with the Mrs!

Ha! Maybe reward her with some Caribou…or probably better just making your girls do it, I’m sure they can handle an electric snowblower.

Brittman

I am curious on what is driving the desire for an electric snow blower ?

I certainly embrace electric (18V) power tools and my electric (battery) ice auger, but I cannot imagine clearing snow with anything but my two-stage Ariens.

Seems most winters I do not use it as much as I have this winter season. I will still shovel a 1-2 inch snowfall when the banks are low. Right now I have shoveled a couple of times, but push it to the edge and then crank up the blower to kick it far from the driveway.

Separately I am considering an electric mower if/when my current mower decides to quit on me. Growing up my dad always had one … with cords … I finally convinced him to get a lawnboy when I was 14-15 because I did all the mowing in our yard and had a couple side accounts with older neighbors.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I am curious on what is driving the desire for an electric snow blower ?

For me it was bc I had already bought the Toro electric lawn mower (also awesome),and needed a snowblower for the bigger driveway at our new house. So I figured electric was the future, and the one knock of recharging batteries, would be mitigated by the additional battery I already had from the lawnmower. The Toro (or Tesloro as I affectionately call it), even with 2 batteries, would not be a good fit for a much bigger driveway, or if we got snowfalls like this past week regularly, or if you were opposed to breaking a sweat (single stage problem), but for me it works great and I’m glad I bought it. It’s so quiet I had a conversation with my neighbor while snowblowing yesterday, it’s very powerful for its size and type (single stage), and it’s light so my wife will even use it occasionally. I don’t worry about it starting or carbs or old gas or oil, I keep the batteries charged, plug and go.

stout93
    Becker MN

Even with the heavy snowfalls like we got this week, I’ll go out and blow it when it gets to 5-6 inches with my gas Troy Bilt, and just do it multiple times. You would probably do the same with the electric….not everyone can do that I understand..

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Well after 3 winters the electric finally met a storm that was its match. We had 2 foot drifts and then berm at the end of the driveway from the plow that the Tesloro couldn’t handle. Still plenty of battery power but it was just to thick and heavy. It was a beast even with my neighbors big 2 stroke.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

My old snow blower ate through it, there were spots that were tough but it threw it all pretty well. A neighbor is using it right now. His battery thrower wasn’t quite doing it.
    I did run over and do my mom’s and used there new big hefty cub cadet and I will be buying one of them when a sale is right.

Ripjiggen

Look for a slightly used one from someone that is going electric BC. Basically bought one brand new for 600$ beginning of winter. So yes my fault on the snow this winter. but that thing was worth every penny this winter.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Look for a slightly used one from someone that is going electric BC. Basically bought one brand new for 600$ beginning of winter. So yes my fault on the snow this winter. but that thing was worth every penny this winter.

Great idea, I’ll start browsing come June.
    I couldn’t believe how awesome that cub cadet was.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

Bearcat, was it the 3 stage Cub? I have one but until they fixed a shear pin problem they ate pins as fast as you could change them on heavy snow. Works great now, starts easy too.

Tlazer

Bought a single stage electric Ego this fall. While it works good there are limitations though being a single stage. Most had to do with the heavier(it seemed that way) snow conditions, where any single stage snowblower would have limitations being gas or electric. Problem was when the batteries died I took too long to recharge and the last thing I wanted was to have to go out hours later to finish. Two sets of batteries would be ideal, but most of the cost is in the batteries. The single stage was damaging my deck (reason I bought it for) so I wound up buying an Ariens 28” SHO. That thing is a monster and throws the snow like I have never seen. Bought an Ariens after talking to the salesman at L&M where they sell both Cub Cadet and Ariens. He said for the extra $100 Ariens was way worth it having a better gear box, and stood up better. They also repair snowblowers there and when I checked at their repair yard 70% were Cub Cadet waiting to get fixed. Sold me on Ariens, but Cub Cadet could have sold more units being less expensive, but still there were way more Cub Cadet units getting fixed than any other brand.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

we have a place here in Cold Spring called River Power and Sports. sells small trackters, snowblowers, lawen equipment. they do have cub cadets, but seeing brands never heard of before?
    Gravley……..Branson…..also have Yanmar…….heard of them but not in small equipment.

Reef W

Gravley……..Branson…..also have Yanmar…….heard of them but not in small equipment.

Gravely is Ariens commercial stuff

Viewing 19 posts - 31 through 49 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.