Electric motor only lake question

• mrpike1973

I will call the DNR ASAP. On Warner lake in Stearns county it states electric motors only. OK got it but can my boat go in with a gas motor and obviously only use the electric? I looked at the statue but heaven forbid MN would ever state a law clearly.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Yes you can.

What he said. You can launch a boat that has an outboard, you just can’t use it. Lots of guys use bigger boats on the inner metro lakes that have outboards, they just can’t use them.

mrpike1973

Thanks I thought that would be correct

tim hurley

On the city lakes they sometimes ask that you trim your motor up. Hardest thing for me is loading my boat because my troller is a bow mount-have thought about bring a stern mount too, just for loading.

mrpike1973

Thanks everyone. Just called the DNR yes as you all said you can but as Tim said they prefer you have your motor trimmed up and good call on loading this lake does not have a dock so paddles may be in order. Just looks like a pretty lake to explore some time.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I fish a lake like this in Chanhassen. Trolling motor only. Sometimes I have the big motor up and Sometimes not.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Go for it. Just smile and wave to the people on shore yelling at you for being on the lake with a gas motor. They don’t know any better.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Did you catch anything?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.