Electric jacks

• matthewkolden

The wife and i are considering getting a wheelhouse. We had an ice castle back in 2014 that was a nightmare for us, But that’s a whole story of its own. At any rate, that had hands cranks and i hated it. We looked at a Salem the other day that had electric jacks. Just wanted some opinions on them. I’ve heard they are painfully slow and prone to breaking. My preference would be hydraulic, but with our budget I’m not sure that’s possible. With prices of houses right now i don’t think we’ll be looking new, and i haven’t found anything with hyrsulic frame for under 20k plus

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I had electric Jack’s on my firebrand and the old man d9es on his as well. Only issue ever was the Remote not syncing. But other then that u can use a drill and special chuck to lower the electric legs. Super easy and I wouldn’t say painfully slow by any means. I can be set up in 5 minutes

matthewkolden

5 minutes aint so bad. Still sounds like it sure beats hand cranking.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

One of the bad things I heard about electric jacks is don’t extend them to their limits. They wont work after that. Heard that from a guy who used his to change the tire.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

One of the bad things I heard about electric jacks is don’t extend them to their limits. They wont work after that. Heard that from a guy who used his to change the tire.

That’s the best way to change the tire. I beat the hell out of mine. Lifted it full with the wheelers in the toy hauler and all. Ran it off the battery only and also ran it while the genset powered it. My old man nor I ever had a single issue. And 5 minutes set up is while keeping a eye on 2 kids and 2 dogs who all run around like they are nuts. Is hydraulic better, absolutely but like you said it comes at a price. I wouldn’t fear electric Jack’s at all. And on my remote I can sync them all to run up or down in parallel or run 1 at a time

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.