Egg Nog mixer?

• ThunderLund78

I dont do it every Christmas but given the weather it seemed like picking up a jug of egg nog at the store yesterday was the right thing to do. I normally warm it up, mix in a shot of Captain Morgan and sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg.

Anyone else have favorite egg nog mixers/cocktail recipes? Thinking I might try Bourbon this year.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I dont do it every Christmas but given the weather it seemed like picking up a jug of egg nog at the store yesterday was the right thing to do. I normally warm it up, mix in a shot of Captain Morgan and sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg.

Anyone else have favorite egg nog mixers/cocktail recipes? Thinking I might try Bourbon this year.

This my Friend, is awesome.
    However they have a way of sneaking up on ya.

haleysgold
    SE MN

I’ve always mixed it with Blackberry Brandy.
    Will be having them all through the holidays.

I like Tom and Jerry’s too but those hot drinks really pack a whollop sometimes!

ThunderLund78

This my Friend, is awesome.
    However they have a way of sneaking up on ya.

I got eyes in the back of my head, EPG peace

Jimmy Jones

Bourbon for the Eggnog.

Tom & Jerrys are a snap.

Beat a dozen egg yolks, a smidge of salt, about two tablespoons of baking soda and a two pound package of powdered sugar together very well. The longer you beat it the lighter in color and stiffer it’ll get. I beat mine about ten minutes with an electric mixer. Add some good quality vanilla, maybe a tablespoon, and mix yet until it’s completely blended in. Pour into a covered tupperware and freeze until very firm. NOTE: it will never freeze super solid.

Using large mugs add a shot each of dark rum and brandy or bourbon then two ice-cream scoops of the frozen batter to each mug and fill with very hot water. Top with a sprinkle of nutmeg, not a lot.

As Haleysgold has suggested, they pack a punch.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

I like Brandy in my Nog.

-J.

nord

We always go with Rum in our egg nog.

buddah6

My go to with a heavy splash of crown royal mixed in for good measure!

Attachments:
    1. Pennsylvania-Dutch-Egg-Nog.jpg

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I’m a Tom & Jerry guy–family tradition. Rum + brandy will warm you right up. waytogo

I did make homemade eggnog years ago and remember it being good. My sis said she’s making a batch for Christmas.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Turkey let me introduce you to Nog!

Attachments:
    1. Nog-scaled.jpg

buddah6

ohhh that looks delicious EPG!

queenswake
    NULL

It is easy just to pick up the alcoholic versions at the liquor store. They usually do a pretty good job. After the holidays, nothing beats some baileys or RumChata while watching a movie on a cold night by the fire. Love the smooth, cream liquors.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

The Kraken

Attachments:
    1. The-Kraken-Black-Spiced-Rum-94-Proof.jpg

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

White Russians with Nog

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.