Echomap 73SV…update after 6 years?

• walleyevision

Random question, six years ago I bought a used boat that already had humminbirds installed so my Echomap 73sv went on the shelf. Fast forward to today and I’m going to take the 73 up to the boundary waters. My question is this: is it even worth updating the software? I don’t know if it would make a difference with image quality and am worried if I update it, something might stop working properly (maybe this is only a problem with humminbirds?).

If it is advised that I do update, do I have to go through and load each sequential update, or can I just upload the latest one? How big of a pain in the but is it to update these units.

Thanks in advance,

WV

Deuces

Mine when updated years ago helped w the GPS mapping I believe, had weird laggy issues but corrected w update. That was some time ago

Haven’t heard issues w garmin updates but only news source I pay attention to it is here.

I would do it

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I would do it

So would I, I just ran my update this spring on my 93UHD it took way longer to load the update off the laptop than on the unit, it will install the latest update, you do not have to run all the previous ones to do it. Did not resolve the problem I was having but my unit is only 2-3 years old and it had close to 10 new versions since my unit was updated from Garmin when it was made.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

Garmin updates have been far and above the most reliable and simple to install than my Hbird or my Lowrance before it. I’d just do it. Won’t take too long and you might just like it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.