Eagle Falls Lodge, Red Lake, Ontario

• tonkaiceman
    Hanover, MN

Well I figured it would be nice for me to put out a recommendation of Travis and Carrie owners of Eagle Falls Lodge in Red Lake Ontario Canada. I have been to this lodge for the last two years and found it to be such a great experience. This drive to fishing destination is very inexpensive for what is available. 550 miles from Minneapolis and the drive is not very challenging. Arrive Saturday and picked up on their 44ft barge as they call it, and after a 40 minute boat ride you arrive at the lodge.

Comfortable cabins, great home cooked food, power, hot and cold water and boats available on two lakes. You can even bring your own boat. Fuel is provided for your boat if you decide to bring it. 5 1/2 days of fishing leading to many great catches. Last year there where plenty of 40+ inch northern and upper 20″ walleyes.

The lake does receive more pressure than a remote fly in destination but, a fly in destination will set you back quite a bit in the pocketbook. $800 bucks gets you a fantastic Canadian fishing experience without breaking the bank.

I don’t want it to sound like I work for this place, just a happy customer who thinks that this a place that is worth considering if you are looking for a fishing getaway.

http://eaglefallslodge.com/

41″

Attachments:
    1. DSC02007.jpg

tonkaiceman
    Hanover, MN

38″

Attachments:
    1. DSC02084.jpg

tonkaiceman
    Hanover, MN

26″

Attachments:
    1. DSC02075.jpg

tonkaiceman
    Hanover, MN

36″

Attachments:
    1. DSC02081.jpg

tonkaiceman
    Hanover, MN

Lodge bay right next to the falls

Attachments:
    1. DSC02039.jpg

tonkaiceman
    Hanover, MN

Eagle Falls

Attachments:
    1. DSC02036.jpg

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Did you bring your own boat?

FDR

tonkaiceman
    Hanover, MN

The first year we just used the camp boats, which was just fine. They have 16ft lund boats with 15 and 20hp honda motors. My dad and I didn’t really have a good tow vehicle to make the journey anyways. Last year we brought my dad’s boat just for the sheer comfort aspect. Not to mention we just threw the snap cover on at night and did have to pull any gear out of the boat. They even had power at the dock for charging up the trolling motor batteries. There always seems to be 1 or 2 groups that bring their own boats.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.