Dumb things people say

• robby
    Quad Cities

I get a lot of crap for wearing a mask, especially at a few gas stations. I don’t give a rats azz what people think or say, just proves their ignorance and self centered mentality- considering they know nothing about me.

But a recent encounter was epic. Helped a buddy drag out a late season deer and when lifted it up on his tailgate, I got pretty drenched in blood. Tennis shoes, up my bibs, and my hoody. Needless to say, my entire left side looked like something out of a horror movie.
    Stopped at a gas station and the pay at pump wasn’t working. Went in to pay for my diesel when this dipshit says “hhmm, one of them” as. I see his eyes growing as he follows the blood trail down to my feet.

I just responded “ yep, that blood is from the last A$$hole that said something about my mask”

He stepped aside and kept his distance. The girl behind the counter knows me well and about peed herself laughing

This is Classic funny! Once after getting a decent Buck some years ago I stopped to get gas at a small town station. The deer was on a trailer next to my atv. The young gal working the cash register says something to me similar ato “That is mean”. I answered “He looked at me funny”! She just shut up. lol. And this happened in small town Iowa where most everyone deer hunts. lol.

Buffalo Fishhead

While at a game check station one fall a hunter was told the deer he was checking in was a fawn. His comment was:

“But he is big for his size.”

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

My Ex Wifey in a cell phone conversation with her. “Turn your phone down, you are too loud.”

25 cents says she’s blonde.

Art Green
    Brookfield,WI

While doing some machine upgrades/modification in a facility down south the local mechanics could not get some bolts loose to remove some parts and I had the following conversation:

Mechanic: “Stout- we can’t get a bundle of them bolts out.”
    Me: “Why not?”
    Mechanic: “Them bolts are T..I..T, tight, they ain’t commin’ out!”

Because I am “stout”-meaning muscular in the local vocabulary, I then proceeded to loosen the bolts they had been turning the wrong direction.

Th mechanic thought “tit” spelled tight. I use that line to this day when someone tells me they cannot get a fastener loose or the fastener needs a high torque value.

milemark_714

My favorite is work, I build molds for a living and engineers question why stuff is so expensive. I asked them if they think we hold blueprints up to machine and it makes it? A few believe that?

There’s a secret slot on the machine,you just insert print and press the green button smash woot

Jeff Gilberg

prolly.
    I’ll prolly go fishing tomorrow.

Jeff Gilberg

I know, right?
    or is it
    I know. Right.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

“Word”

B-man

prolly.

Did you go yesterday er no?

I’m not sure how far the “er no” stretches across the Midwest, but I know it’s very prevalent in NW Wisconsin.

I don’t consider it dumb, but more like a fascinating way a lot of people I know end their questions (my wife, best buddy, etc) lol jester

I even catch myself saying it at times )

Do you know anybody that says it too er no?

Netguy
    Minnetonka

You betcha.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Jeff Gilberg wrote:</div>
    prolly.

I’m not sure how far the “er no” stretches across the Midwest, but I know it’s very prevalent in NW Wisconsin.

I don’t consider it dumb, but more like a fascinating way a lot of people I know end their questions (my wife, best buddy, etc) lol jester

Every question i ask ends that way

Adam Steffes

Ending pretty much every sentence with “aaayyyy”

Adam Steffes

My shop teacher in high school used to give the weather forcast as such. “Well, it’s gonna clear up cloudy and we’re gonna have a warm frost”. He also proclaimed to “milk the bull and feed the cows”. Probably get fired for that these days.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I can do it, I am S.M.R.T.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

In south central North Dakota a lot of people say something similar to “er no”.
    They end a lot of their questions with “not”. I duck hunt out there and when we get back to house the owner sees the ducks and asks “So, you had good luck then, not?”

DeRangedFishinguy
    Up Nort’

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Jeff Gilberg wrote:</div>
    prolly.

Yes, my 3 yr old! lol!

bigfish2

Several years back, a radio call in asked the DNA if a scope was legal for muzzle loader deer season. At that time the answer was no. The caller then asked how he was supposed to be able to see a deer without one.

B-man

I have to pull this thread back up after reading people talking about the weather…..

It’s Wind Chill…..Not WINDSHIELD smash

Also, it’s Mille Lacs…..Not Milacs, but you do you rotflol

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

You betcha.

Got their on YouTube channel. Is it worth watching, you betcha!

Troy Hoernemann
    Nevis mn

Whenever someone asked a ? And ends it with (or what)

Mike m

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>ClownColor wrote:</div>
    “What flasher should I buy? Marcum?”

Oh, I about fall out of my chair every time.

Whats wrong with this one?

We don’t buy Marcum on this site any more , we’ve moved on to Humminbird

Netguy
    Minnetonka

It translates to “or not” in Michigan. I worked with a guy that said that a lot.

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

The boss, here at the shop always, ALWAYS says “Just talkin out loud”. We’ll be brain storming how to design a part and he always pipes in with “we could do it this way or that way, just talkin out loud”. Drives me nuts!!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>ClownColor wrote:</div>
    “What flasher should I buy? Marcum?”

Oh, I about fall out of my chair every time.

Whats wrong with this one?

We don’t buy Marcum on this site any more , we’ve moved on to Humminbird

I’ve never been one to roam with the heard

Viewing 25 posts - 61 through 85 (of 85 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.