Dry Bag recommendations

• to_setter
    Stone Lake, WI

I know most/all boat manufacturers like to think they have dry storage in their boats, but I haven’t met one yet that keeps all water out…..

I’m looking for recommendations for a high quality storage bag to keep a rain suit plus sweatshirt and pants dry when out in a deluge. Anyone found a good solution?

B-man

I have a couple Cabela’s boundary waters dry bags, been very satisfied waytogo

One smaller one for my summer sleeping bag, fist sized air mattress and camp pillow, and one huge canoe pack.

They’re not the cheapest, but they are tough as nails.

For your application you could probably get by with something lighter weight and less $$

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

Check out Mustad brand dry bags and tackle bags.
    They have a pretty good selection, they’re reasonably priced and I’ve been happy with the quality so far. I’ve had the large tackle bag and the boat bag for a year now without issues.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

I keep my spare (cheapo) rain gear sets in gallon ziplock bags, probably not what you’re looking for but a thought. I’ve also seen people stuff things into coffee cans (t-shirt, gloves, pants, etc).

My glove box and rod locker are the only truly 100% dry spots on my lund and since I utilize the rod locker for rods nothing else goes in there. Don’t get me wrong I absolutely love the boat, but your statement is spot on.

luttes
    Maplewood/WBL

I’ve been very impressed with SealLine bags. I picked up a pack about 10 years ago for the boundary waters and it was by far the best hiking dry pack I’ve used. Check them out!

tindall
    Minneapolis MN

The best bags hands down are watershed duffels. You can access everything because it is a duffle shape and not a roll top. These are what the whitewater guides use, mine have seen countless river days, been down the grand canyon, etc. Many differnt sizes from a purse type to a bag that can go 20 days. Might be overkill, but it will never leak even if your boat flips and sinks.

If you dont want to spend $100+ and wont be in and out of it much I would go NRS tuff sack (various sizes). Seal line is pretty flimsy since they discontinued the black canyon line, and they tend to fail at the welds before the material wears out. OR is kinda the same. Avoid any clear panels or bags if you want longevity.

to_setter
    Stone Lake, WI

Thanks for the input guys. I went with a NRS tuff sack. Only $35 and looks like it will last well.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.