Drugs……safe?

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Watching the evening news and it seems every other commercial is for some drug or another. Most seem to spend 3/4 the time explaining the dangers & side effects. Why do people buy these things? Would you buy a boat from me if I told you there was a chance it would sink or blow up? I just don’t understand things anymore. Seems the almighty $$$$$$ has taken complete control over everything and common sense.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

What about the one that isn’t even FDA approved yet………they don’t even know all the side effects,,,yet.

Coletrain27

What about the one that isn’t even FDA approved yet………they don’t even know all the side effects,,,yet.

You mean the one where they are bribing people with free stuff?

Unfortunately this is the world we live in now and every time you go to the DR they want to give out drugs for everything

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>suzuki wrote:</div>

Unfortunately this is the world we live in now and every time you go to the DR they want to give out drugs for everything

Yea. Bribing now. Strong arming soon.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Don’t do drugs. Unless the government approves them and their approved drug dealers can make money off them. Drugs are bad.

wkw

I agree with Dutch. All the ads on TV, and the side effects sound worse than the thing you’re trying to treat. Has anyone ever told their doctor, ” I want this certain drug because I saw it advertised on TV “?

Pat K
    Empire, MN

I know one of the drugs they advertise a lot improves your immune system during chemo. The side effects sound terrible but one of them gave my sister about 18 months of “good” life when she was losing her battle with cancer.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Pretty sure they ate legally responsible/ required to do all these warnings if anyone taking them drugs has a reaction. And of all the people that take meds it’s going to happen.

He!!, When I was a kid, who heard of peanut allergies or being allergic to dairy products.:???:

Reef W

They list the possible side effects. Boats can sink, they have blown up before, and you forgot to mention the greatly increased risk of drowning using one.

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

Why do people buy these things? Would you buy a boat from me if I told you there was a chance it would sink or blow up?

Wait…you do understand the boat can sink or blow up, right?

If the boat industry had the same regulations Rx drugs do, they’d 100% have to disclose this, as well as…increasing your chance is sun cancer, death by drowning, death by rotary blade, increased divorce rate, loss of financial retirement, loss of garage space, buyers remorse syndrome…

Trust me, a boat would come with way more warnings than any current drug on the market!

picklerick
    Central WI

Pretty sure they ate legally responsible/ required to do all these warnings if anyone taking them drugs has a reaction. And of all the people that take meds it’s going to happen.

He!!, When I was a kid, who heard of peanut allergies or being allergic to dairy products.:???:

No kidding. Boats primarily operate the same regardless of the pilot as long as all things are equal. Drugs/chemicals can effect people very differently. I remember back in my younger days having a pretty good time (not always) but sometimes it was nap time or paranoia time for some others.

Don’t do drugs, kids.

Attachments:
    1. drugs-are-bad.jpg

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

My favorite was a drug (as seen on TV) that helps prevent diarrhea. One of the possible side effects? Diarrhea.

SR

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

My favorite was a drug (as seen on TV) that helps prevent diarrhea. One of the possible side effects? Diarrhea.

SR

It’s funny hearing these. This helps heartburn, but it might give you aids, chlamydia, ingrown toenails, or leprosy. But there’s also a chance it’ll help your heartburn!

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>suzuki wrote:</div>

Eh the FDA approved it for emergency use. Good enough right? Most vaccines take 10+ years to develop. 6 months and this is perfectly safe. Sure, the high risk people can take it. But it’s odd they’re pushing it on everyone so hard…

Wallyhntr1
    Tonka

I’ve an ER nurse, whom witnessed 3 close friends die within 72hrs of vaccination. Mid 30s, healthy. Heart attack/aneurysm/coma..

blackbay
    mn

If the boat industry had the same regulations Rx drugs do, they’d 100% have to disclose this, as well as…increasing your chance is sun cancer, death by drowning, death by rotary blade, increased divorce rate, loss of financial retirement, loss of garage space, buyers remorse syndrome…

Trust me, a boat would come with way more warnings than any current drug on the market!

Have you seen the warning stickers on new boats, cars, ATVs, SXS, motorcycles, snowmobiles…? Check out the so called owners manuals. They are nearly half warnings about dyeing or serious injuries.

It’s all about CYA.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

And to think, I don’t even take ibuprofen. I like how you guys compare drugs and chemicals to boats. Thats a good one.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Yes they have to list every side effect by law no matter how rare the side effect.

My favorite is “don’t take drug A if you are allergic to drug A”. ???

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

And to think, I don’t even take ibuprofen. I like how you guys compare drugs and chemicals to boats. Thats a good one.

I’m with ya BC, the only medication I take comes in a 12oz bottle.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

My morning coffee has caffeine so I guess I take drugs every day. coffee

tim hurley

I have stongly mixed feelings on this, as a teacher I have seen medications do amazing things for kids and they do not just make them dopey and compliant they legit help them focus. Very important for a kid to learn to read by the 3rd grade or they may struggle for life-side effects and long term stuff is minimal for many of these meds. BUT I also believe the body has a better shot of healing itself if you can avoid meds. As said the lawyers make it so every possible side effect on this stuff has to be put out there.

muskie-tim
    Rush City MN

I know one of the drugs they advertise a lot improves your immune system during chemo. The side effects sound terrible but one of them gave my sister about 18 months of “good” life when she was losing her battle with cancer.

I agree with PatK. There are meds that have lots of side affects but some give a person a better quality of life due to a medical issue they have. In my case a med slowed down the disease enough to be in good enough health for a double lung transplant. Over 5 years after transplant still going strong.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I agree with Dutch. All the ads on TV, and the side effects sound worse than the thing you’re trying to treat. Has anyone ever told their doctor, ” I want this certain drug because I saw it advertised on TV “?

Talk to some primary care physicians, they will tell you almost unanimously they get patients in requesting/demanding some med they saw on TV even if it’s not even for their illness or malady. If the commercials didn’t work, they wouldn’t do them. It is crazy tho, especially during certain times of day.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>wkw wrote:</div>

Talk to some primary care physicians, they will tell you almost unanimously they get patients in requesting/demanding some med they saw on TV even if it’s not even for their illness or malady. If the commercials didn’t work, they wouldn’t do them. It is crazy tho, especially during certain times of day.

My brother being a doc, has told me people come in daily demanding prescriptions based on stuff they read or seen on TV or some one else told them about. That is a very common thing.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>wkw wrote:</div>

i’ve had conversations with my doctor and nurses about certain meds advertised on the toobe that i was concerned with but never requested wanting them.

i take meds to control blood sugar……..what i found dillusional was going to a store to pick up over the counter meds for a cold. head cold crap i get. the directions tell you before you take them IF your diabetic, consult your doc. i did…..they said you will be fine!!!!!!! doah crazy

Deuces

America replaces vegetables with meds.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

While some guys here think I must be on drugs, or should be on drugs, I eat a few Ibuprofen and Turmeric for a bad knee. Otherwise I’m pretty much drug free (thankfully)

KPE
    River Falls, WI

USA and New Zealand are the only countries in the WORLD where it is legal for drug companies to advertise to consumers on television and radio. It’s interesting no doubt, but I’m also in the camp of not taking anything. I keep certain items on-hand in case of emergency, but really if I have a headache it’s got a root cause that I can fix another way (usually dehydrated).

Stanley

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>ClownColor wrote:</div>

Have you seen the warning stickers on new boats, cars, ATVs, SXS, motorcycles, snowmobiles…? Check out the so called owners manuals. They are nearly half warnings about dyeing or serious injuries.

It’s all about CYA.

Sometimes I wonder how we have survived as long as we have without all these warnings labels saying what could happen. Common sense doesn’t seem to be too common anymore. smash

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I’ve an ER nurse, whom witnessed 3 close friends die within 72hrs of vaccination. Mid 30s, healthy. Heart attack/aneurysm/coma..

Sorry to hear that.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.