Drill bit augers

• Dylan Welle

Howdy yall, I am planning on buying a strikemaster auger drill here pretty soon. My old man has a strikemaster power auger and I just love strikemaster’s blades compared to any other auger I’ve seen. My question for you guys is which do you suggest, the lite flite lazer or just the lazer? Weight has absolutely no effect on my decision I come from using a heavy auger and either of these options will be significantly lighter.

Another thing, what drills do you guys suggest using? Price is not an issue here, I want something nice that will last.

Thank you folks!

Gino
    Grand rapids mn

This topic has been addressed in multiple threads. In the upper left corner of your screen is three lines you can click on and access the contents and also a search engine. Click on the search engine and type drill for auger. You should find a wealth of information there and probably get more information there then you will now because it’s been discussed to death. Good luck and you can’t go wrong with a Milwaukee fuel. The main thing is your battery , you need the most amp hours you can get.

Jason Guthmiller

I haven’t used the lite flite but I had two lazer power augers and i had trouble with the blade pitch getting messed up on both of them. I would guess the plastic end on the lite flite would be more consistent with that. I use a Milwaukee m18 fuel with my pistol bit and haven’t had any issues.

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

I paired my new Milwaukee 2803-22 m18 with an 8 inch lite flite and the thing cuts like butter. I’m in love with it. Only complaint is needing an allen wrench handy to keep the adapter from wobbling on the bit after some use. No big deal.

Check out CPO outlet for the drill. Got a good deal on one and they threw on an extra battery for free to go with it.

iTinker

Lite flite because it has durable, flexible flights. Aaron Weibe and Clayton Schick took 2 out and drilled a 60 foot circle of rotating ice using augers that double punched holes, only to see the light flites come out unscathed and unbent–something I’d be very concerned about using a metal auger. It is an improvement on the lazer.

Howdy yall, I am planning on buying a strikemaster auger drill here pretty soon. My old man has a strikemaster power auger and I just love strikemaster’s blades compared to any other auger I’ve seen. My question for you guys is which do you suggest, the lite flite lazer or just the lazer? Weight has absolutely no effect on my decision I come from using a heavy auger and either of these options will be significantly lighter.

Another thing, what drills do you guys suggest using? Price is not an issue here, I want something nice that will last.

Thank you folks!

Medium

I have an 8″ Eskimo Pistol bit paired with a Dewalt DCD996 and it cuts like butter. I’ve gotten 50ish holes through 10-12″ on a 6.0ah battery. The real test will be thick ice on a cold day though.

John Timm

Strikemaster hand auger 7″ . Kdrill is also a 7.25″ hole that claims to be 8″.

jaybird1

Jason the Strikemaster 40v is an excellent choice. Specifically designed for ice fishing with the auger/blade system Strikemaster designed. Awesome performance and reliability. About 1600″-1800″ (100+ holes in 16″) inches of ice using an 8″ with one battery pack.
    You will not get even close to that performance with a hand drill. Around 40-60 holes in 12 inches of ice depending on which drill, auger and pack you use, but that’s pretty close.
    As a suggestion maybe buy the Strikemaster 40V with the 10″ standard and add the lite flight 8″. The 40V with the 10″ steel is an absolute ice ripping machine.(awesome man)

You will not get even close to that performance with a hand drill. Around 40-60 holes in 12 inches of ice depending on which drill,

A nice drill setup can easily be less than 1/2 the weight of a 40v. And, the fuel with a 12ah will drill MANY 12″ holes.

But, if you need a 10″ hole, the 40volt is great.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>jaybird1 wrote:</div>
    You will not get even close to that performance with a hand drill. Around 40-60 holes in 12 inches of ice depending on which drill,

A nice drill setup can easily be less than 1/2 the weight of a 40v. And, the fuel with a 12ah will drill MANY 12″ holes.

But, if you need a 10″ hole, the 40volt is great.

Not to mention way less money and drill faster. Plus the durability on my Dewalt 996 has been outstanding and I get to use the batteries year round. Cost per hole is pennies on the dollar compared to a 40V but each to his own.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.