Drama…

• eyefishwalleye
    Central MN

WOW! I checked out of that thread and never saw the ending

Get your quotes accurate, I didn’t say that… And what’s with the cartoon deal? I don’t get it…

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

There seems to be more drama here than facebook as of recently. Roughly 1/3 of posts are some sort of drama related to the sickness.
    The problem is amplified worse than it actually is by this sort of over hyping and obsessing. I had considered this a place to get away from all the BS, but apparantly not any more…
    Pull it together gents, its going to be a long haul and this is just the start.

This site jumped the shark when it’s owner confessed his undying love for our embarrassment in chief.

Dear Phil, after a great deal of self-reflection and review of all of your comments I’ve come to the conclusion that you should go pound sand.

Mike Stephens
    WI.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>philtickelson wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mark-bruzek wrote:</div>
    There seems to be more drama here than facebook as of recently. Roughly 1/3 of posts are some sort of drama related to the sickness.
    The problem is amplified worse than it actually is by this sort of over hyping and obsessing. I had considered this a place to get away from all the BS, but apparantly not any more…

This site jumped the shark when it’s owner confessed his undying love for our embarrassment in chief.

Dear Phil, after a great deal of self-reflection and review of all of your comments I’ve come to the conclusion that you should go pound sand.

X2

riverruns
    Inactive

jester toast

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Come on fellas lets not fight.It’s times like this we should come together not get into a pi$$ing match with each other.I do believe,last i checked it’s a free country.I think that means we can vote for whomever we want to.We can support what ever party we choose to.I would like to know what the hell that has to do with all the so called DRAMA on here.If you noticed Mark,Phil it’s mostly talk about the COVID-19 virus not who supports what political party.I geuss if your not concerned about it don’t read it.
    Oh and one more thing PHIL I agree with James,pound that sand.

Coletrain27

This place is starting to remind me of the old “MySpace” social media back in middle school with everybody fighting. I know way back 15 years ago when I first found IDA people had respect for each other and this type of crap wasn’t tolerated. everybody use to be more than happy to help one another. Now days it’s a big argument which will eventually push 90% of people away.

Not taking either side, just saying ???

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

X3

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

This place is starting to remind me of the old “MySpace” social media back in middle school with everybody fighting. I know way back 15 years ago when I first found IDA people had respect for each other and this type of crap wasn’t tolerated. everybody use to be more than happy to help one another. Now days it’s a big argument which will eventually push 90% of people away.

Not taking either side, just saying ???

I’ve been doing this a long time. There’s always a vocal minority that thinks we all just need to get along. They’re wrong. I just need to ban a select few or a couple dozen and things will come back into alignment. And if it doesn’t this place doesn’t need to exist.

coffee

Coletrain27

Like I said this crap wasn’t tolerated years ago. Get rid of the bad apples then toast

Deleted

I love a good tizzy…..I’ll have to make time to read all this nonsense tomorrow while smoking some pork shoulders & swillin beers!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Like I said this crap wasn’t tolerated years ago. Get rid of the bad apples then toast

I’ll do my best to weed out the bad apples and feed them to the pigs over the next couple days.

Tom Albrecht
    Eau Claire

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>philtickelson wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mark-bruzek wrote:</div>

Great reply!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Stevie Wonder and Helen Keller could see how this was going to end.
    There is a time and place for everything, this was neither the time nor place.

Dennis Williams
    Apple Valley, MN

I am one of the many that do not comment much, but enjoy the banter. I do not consider Phil a bad apple. He is very entertaining and funny at times. Everyone needs to calm down.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>coletrain27 wrote:</div>
    Make IDO great again! yay

waytogo

I’m laughing so hard I’m crying

That’s a good start. That, and more talk about fishing, hunting, how hard it is to figure out what it takes to apply for an elk permit in Montana, (!!) and will we be able to hit the rainy this spring or will the shutdown keep us off the river. That kind of stuff.

There’s a million other places to get all the information you need about Corona. Make this place something different.

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

I think moderators could do a better job deleting posts as they happen.

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Damn wish i would of thought of that. Make IDO great again.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Ya but, we all know when we cross the line. I know I do. At the point you cross it it becomes up to you to back up, stay quiet or like many do charge forward. When you charge forward you’re likely to get knocked down and in some (very few) cases knocked out.

Instead of counting on the moderators to clean up after us maybe we should just act like adults no matter how much that hurts sometimes.

bullcans
    Northfield MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Gino wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>James Holst wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>coletrain27 wrote:</div>
    Make IDO great again! yay

waytogo

I’m laughing so hard I’m crying

That’s a good start. That, and more talk about fishing, hunting, how hard it is to figure out what it takes to apply for an elk permit in Montana, (!!) and will we be able to hit the rainy this spring or will the shutdown keep us off the river. That kind of stuff.

There’s a million other places to get all the information you need about Corona. Make this place something different.

Amen brotha!

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

I love a good tizzy…..I’ll have to make time to read all this nonsense tomorrow while smoking some pork shoulders & swillin beers!

People in “a good tizzy” make the world go ’round. smirk

After following that salmon cooking thread, tomorrow I’m determined now to grill a nice salmon fillet I have in the freezer.

Beer swillin will be part of the grilling process. toast

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I think posters could do a much better job as well.

I’ll commit myself to trying harder if everybody else will.

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

Instead of counting on the moderators to clean up after us maybe we should just act like adults no matter how much that hurts sometimes.

There is 1 1/2 pages of the last 2 that proves many are just incapable.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Then I guess that’s where the moderators come in. I’ve always asked the small group of moderators here that do a very thankless job to look for a way to keep people around. Maybe I need to rethink those guidelines.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dutchboy wrote:</div>

True, but there is also the old saying……………”you made your bed, now sleep in it.”

If we don’t know when to back off then we get what we get.

John Miller

Do it James. Maybe then you will realize that not all of your supporters over the years exactly align with your political views. Should be a great business plan. This site used to be a refuge from the cesspools of typical social media but apparently it can no longer be that way. Good luck to you and your sponsors. I wish all outdoorsman could find a place free from this BS and realize that we have a lot more in common with each other than just our political leaning. We can’t even share some fishing spots or help someone out with some techniques or other advise. We can’t share questions on life or help around the house without devolving into a political debate over who is at fault. It’s sad this site has come to this.

Dan
    Southeast MN

I just think it’d be best to stick to the sentence on the main page regarding political posts; if it gets talked about it gets deleted. We can talk about fishing, kids, football (maybe) but the political discussions have gotten awful recently. Warnings to certain users who feel the need to “go there” and tie everything to politics, whether it’s talking about how “their side” is great or the “other side” sucks.

I also realize the position the moderators are in. IDO appears to be a very successful company and there are companies who pay money to sponsor them. So for everyone that wants to get political, inappropriate (libtard or anything ending in “tard), think of the spot you’re putting this site and company in.

As others have said, others need to do better at fixing themselves. And if they don’t comply with the VERY simple rules of this site, the should be blocked off for a brief period or something.

Have a nice night everyone.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 87 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.