Don’t take your Father for granted!

• Hodag Hunter
    Northern Wisconsin

With Father’s Day coming up I would like to remind you that have a the opportunity to spend time with your Dad (or Mom) to do so.

On May 23rd my 97 year old Dad could not get out of bed because of severe back pain. He complained the day before his back hurt. Well, he had an ambulance ride to the ER. Then a CT Scan showed he has a compression fracture of L1 vertebra. After a long weekend in the hospital and 10 days in a Rehab Facility he made it home Friday. He’s using a walker and determined to cut grass again.

He didn’t fall. The doctors said sitting down hard could be the cause, no one knows – old fragile bones. Maybe it was caused by raking. The week before this 97 year old guy was out raking. Not a lot, but was doing it. I found out that his sister at age 96 rolled over in bed and broke her back. It will take some time but I pray he will be able to walk to the mailbox again.

Take advantage of the time you have. Picture is of him at 95. Old polish guy that knows nothing else but work.

Attachments:
    1. DSCF1244-scaled.jpg

TH

He’s a tough old bird. That’s not a light leaf blower. Hard work is a lifestyle.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Dang what a stud! Best wishes to him and your family.

Great message. Those close to you/your loved ones need to know you love them, and we all need to make the most of the time we have with them.

Red Eye

Cherish every minute. I lost my dad when I was 19. He was only 45. Miss him.

Sharon
    SE Metro

Glad to hear your dad is back home and up and moving! Time is so short, too short, not to spend it with people who make you smile and feel loved.
    I’m looking forward to hanging out with my dad this weekend, but of course we hang out pretty often, and for that I’m very thankful! He loves watching my mom and me laugh over silly things like those giant floating rubber duckies! rotflol rotflol

MX1825

Glad to hear he is up and about. He is tough guy!

That is a cool old Jeep truck in your picture. Sweet!!

Hodag Hunter
    Northern Wisconsin

Pa bought the Jeep new in 1972 – $5662 with the plow. But that was a year’s salary then. It has 60K miles on it and is not for sale. . . I get asked alot. Actually I promised to sell it to a 16 year old kid in the late 1980s. He now restores mostly muscle cars and is still waiting for it.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

Pa bought the Jeep new in 1972 – $5662 with the plow.

My dad and I plowed snow with the same model Jeep. Also had a a Jeep cab over truck with a blade. The cab over with blade gave you a birds eye view of the blade. I think we charged 10 to 15 dollars to plow most residential driveways . Commercial lots were rated by the hour.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.