Pics of dogs on point

• b_sander
    Red Wing , MN

One of the best parts of pheasant hunting is spending time with the mans best friend! I just love to watch the dogs work, so how many of you have set the gun down to capture a few moments in the field?

b_sander
    Red Wing , MN

Oh there he is!

b_sander
    Red Wing , MN

Oh there he is!

birdhunter88
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

I’ve been known to miss some birds cuz I am too busy taking pictures…. seems to happen later in the season after I have had my fill of shooting birds. I carry a digital camera with me and also have a Sharp Hi8 video camera on bino straps that I take movies with… I have gotten some really neat pictures both still and video over the years. Unforunately most of my digital pictures are of a higher pixal rating then what is allowed here…. plus I haven’t figured out yet how to put a picture in my bio yet…. any ideas and suggestions would be greatly appreciated… Thanks

bird

birdhunter88
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

I’ve been known to miss some birds cuz I am too busy taking pictures…. seems to happen later in the season after I have had my fill of shooting birds. I carry a digital camera with me and also have a Sharp Hi8 video camera on bino straps that I take movies with… I have gotten some really neat pictures both still and video over the years. Unforunately most of my digital pictures are of a higher pixal rating then what is allowed here…. plus I haven’t figured out yet how to put a picture in my bio yet…. any ideas and suggestions would be greatly appreciated… Thanks

bird

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Al,
    Send your pic for your bio to [email protected] he will fix you right up. As for pixal rating 100000 bytes is the max size allowed. If your pic is too large you can down size them with your photo editor.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Al,
    Send your pic for your bio to [email protected] he will fix you right up. As for pixal rating 100000 bytes is the max size allowed. If your pic is too large you can down size them with your photo editor.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Here is my dog “ziggy” doing what he does best. Actually, I have to brag a little about Ziggy now. If anybody tells you that a gun shy dog can never be “fixed” they’re wrong. Ziggy was deathly afraid of guns. He would shake uncontrollably when you would shoot. He wouldn’t even move. He would come to my feet and shake and refuse to move. Well after letting him tag along on a couple hunting trips, he finally got better and better. He also didn’t hunt worth a hoot before. I have to take the blame for that, cuz I never did any real training with him. But this past week I took him out when I was home for thanksgiving and he made a complete 180! I don’t know what happened, but he went from just being “along for a walk” to a hunting machine. We hunted thick cattails and he flushed around 25 birds. The first was a rooster that I got and the next 24 were hens! But every one was flushed from under his nose in the thickest stuff you could find! Needless to say, i’m a proud dog owner now! There is nothing better than watching a dog get birdy and make a flush. Now if only the season didn’t end so soon! Thanks for listening to me be a proud “Dad”!

Dean Marshall

Here is my dog “ziggy” doing what he does best. Actually, I have to brag a little about Ziggy now. If anybody tells you that a gun shy dog can never be “fixed” they’re wrong. Ziggy was deathly afraid of guns. He would shake uncontrollably when you would shoot. He wouldn’t even move. He would come to my feet and shake and refuse to move. Well after letting him tag along on a couple hunting trips, he finally got better and better. He also didn’t hunt worth a hoot before. I have to take the blame for that, cuz I never did any real training with him. But this past week I took him out when I was home for thanksgiving and he made a complete 180! I don’t know what happened, but he went from just being “along for a walk” to a hunting machine. We hunted thick cattails and he flushed around 25 birds. The first was a rooster that I got and the next 24 were hens! But every one was flushed from under his nose in the thickest stuff you could find! Needless to say, i’m a proud dog owner now! There is nothing better than watching a dog get birdy and make a flush. Now if only the season didn’t end so soon! Thanks for listening to me be a proud “Dad”!

b_sander
    Red Wing , MN

Thats awsume Steve!!!

After Dec 15th get your Iowa Lic and its good for the rest of 03 and 04!

b_sander
    Red Wing , MN

Thats awsume Steve!!!

After Dec 15th get your Iowa Lic and its good for the rest of 03 and 04!

Dean Marshall

Already bought it….went down there for opener. I plan on going back the last week of the season there too. I can’t wait.

Dean Marshall

Already bought it….went down there for opener. I plan on going back the last week of the season there too. I can’t wait.

birdhunter88
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Jeter on Point…….

birdhunter88
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Jeter on Point…….

birdhunter88
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Grif and Jeter on Point… I call this one Rock Solid

birdhunter88
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Grif and Jeter on Point… I call this one Rock Solid

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

birdhunter88,
    Rock Solid is the perfect line for GS POINTERS!! My dog will not flush birds she makes me do that which is just fine with me

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

birdhunter88,
    Rock Solid is the perfect line for GS POINTERS!! My dog will not flush birds she makes me do that which is just fine with me

birdhunter88
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Jeter on point…

birdhunter88
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Jeter on point…

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Al you have some great looking dogs.Thanks alot for the pictures.I’ve missed a few birds trying to get pictures.
    Ryan Hale

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Al you have some great looking dogs.Thanks alot for the pictures.I’ve missed a few birds trying to get pictures.
    Ryan Hale

birdhunter88
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Thanks Ryan,
    I also like all the pics that you have been posting… you too have some great looking dogs. And I know what you mean by missing birds because of taking pictures…. lol

bird (Al)

birdhunter88
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Thanks Ryan,
    I also like all the pics that you have been posting… you too have some great looking dogs. And I know what you mean by missing birds because of taking pictures…. lol

bird (Al)

SEAN

These are some pictures from our Iowa trip…Maggie and Briar working the birds!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.