My New Pup was born 11/25!!!!!!!

• troyrozeske

My new springer pup was just born 2 day ago! God 8 weeks is a long time

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Awesome!

Post many pics

clicker

The one thing I did this time around I wont do next time.

When my new pup was born, I came and saw them from week one to the week I brought him home.

I will NOT go and see the dogs every week again unless I know I am first pick.

I was second pick, and I knew the first pick was looking at the two I had picked out. Luckily, I got the one I really wanted, and the first pick chose my second choice.

Don’t get too attached unless you have your $$$ in for #1 pick.

I can’t imagine how it would have felt knowing the dog you wanted was chose by someone else and you had to pick another

CONGRATS!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Good luck. At 8 weeks you cannot accurately determine a dogs behavior. Its a crap shoot. Usually the breeder knows the most since they are with them everyday. When it comes time to pick I suggest telling the breeder what behaviors you want so they can help you pick the one that fits.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

Usually the breeder knows the most since they are with them everyday. When it comes time to pick I suggest telling the breeder what behaviors you want so they can help you pick the one that fits.

x2, provided that the breeder is worth two shakes of a stick.

troyrozeske

Luckily, first pick is mine. I will not go see them until the eyes are opened, then I will probably go every other week. I know what I’m looking for but interested in hearing what you guys would look for in a new pup.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I have picked 3 in my life including the two beside me as I type this. I dont feel like I know a damn thing.

At 7 or 8 weeks you cant see much detail in their personalities. And you sure cant tell if they will be healthy. Its just fate at that point. Good luck with your new dog. My last two have not been perfect but they are good girls with a drive to hunt and most certainly close members of my family.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.