Tick prevention remedies?

• timmy

There was a post a long while back about tick prevention. Somebody mentioned a remedy for ticks that they were pretty pleased with…..does the name “cedarcide” ring a bell with any of you? I am wanting to find a tick preventer to use on my dog instead of frontline. After reading about some of the issues that long-term use of frontline, I would like to avoid it.

Any tips?

T

Don Hanson

I have been using cedarcide since last fall. Not exactly tick season but I have only found two ticks on the dogs. That may partially be my fault for not spraying their underside.
    I think its pretty cost effective, I have been using the same bottle since last fall.
    It is also supposed to repel biting insects.

timmy

Thanks, Don.

How often do you need to apply it?

Tim

Don Hanson

You have to apply it every day.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

K9 Advantix is incredible. It differs from Frontline, but it probably has similar concerns if that’s what’s worrying you. And if you have cats, you shouldn’t use it.

Don Hanson

Now that the tick are out I have better insight on this product. I have to give it a thumbs down. I am finding way too many ticks on the dogs.
    It may be ok for use in the yard or if your dog exercise is walks in the park. If you ar out training in field and woods, look for a better product cedarcide.

timmy

Thanks for the reply, Don. Good info.

T

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.