Need Advice

• fish509
    St. Michael

So I am going to SD this weekend. Well, last friday my dog and I were out rooster chasing and he ran into the barb wire. Tore about a 2 inch diamond shape in his chest. The vet couldn’t sew it together so he has a bandage sewn over it. My questions are; obviously we are still going to SD but anyone have any advice on how to keep it best protected? I will buy a vest to cover but looking for other suggestions to avoid chasing down a vet in SD. It’s our first trip to SD pheasant hunting, talk about bad timing. We hunted for about four hours after the injury. I didn’t even notice it until the next day. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

I am not much for a dog care expert however, my lab has ran into a barbed wire fence while hunting. I used EMT Gel which is dog safe that will kinda act like neosporin (sp) for humans, it will keep the wound clean and prevent your dog from licking the wound as well. It will harden the wound and allow it to heal correctly.
    I highly encourage you to take along a Dog First aid kit just in case. I am sure you have a first aid kit for you and other hunters…This one from cabelas has everything you need plus it stores neatly into a vest or pouch of some sort for you pooch!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.