ACL Injury

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

By the way…are the ramps open at Everts??

…morning Dean!

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Hope you didnt over-bake them this time!

RoadKing

Free cookies must mean $2.00 coffee!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I think the fine print said “with any purchase of a St Croix Rod”.

RoadKing

Maybe 6.5% off with a dozen chocolate chocolate chip cookies???

Dean Marshall

Quote:

By the way…are the ramps open at Everts??

…morning Dean!

Yes sir plowed salted & ready to go !

Somebody tell me this snow is a April Fools Joke……Brett Clark must be behind this evil winter weather!

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Bret is behind ”every” touch of winter.

Free cookies for Dean [you bring them] is what I think Briank mean’t.

Dean ”always” has the ramps open.

Have a GREAT April fools day. [darn mother nature…who ordered this snow???] Brettttttt
    Thanks, Bill

redneck
    Rosemount

The snow should melt quickly and then we might get more current and dirty up the water. Anyone out yesterday during the snowstorm Dean?

millerman
    Red Wing, MN

Ok Brian we all know Dean loves Peanut Butter cookies so what is your favorite? Great job this year Dean with all the traffic! Ramps and hospitality top notch as usual. Although we have to question some of the help you get(BK) ! LMAO!

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

Quote:

The snow should melt quickly and then we might get more current and dirty up the water. Anyone out yesterday during the snowstorm Dean?

let us all pray and hope so!

Dean Marshall

Yes they did Rich! The folks here at the resort enjoyed a very low boat pressure day with the bad weather. Matt is shown here with a 9.14 PB ! Another 8lb something was a PB for our guests in Cabin #3.

Everyone had fish today here…not fast & furious but a consistant bite for us.

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

I forgot. This is April BrianK’s Day.

mikehd
    Dousman, WI

[quote Somebody tell me this snow is a April Fools Joke……Brett Clark must be behind this evil winter weather!

Darn that Bret anyway! I’m sure he had something to do with it.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

From out of the darkness…comes….PUTZ!

Big eyes, Luty and cookies…life can’t get much better.

emover
    Malcom, IA

Well Well, Gene

Quote:

Hope you didnt over-bake them this time!

I hate to criticize Dean, but I think considering the source of you ? the term you want is “half-baked”

dave

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Quote:

[quote Somebody tell me this snow is a April Fools Joke……Brett Clark must be behind this evil winter weather!

Darn that Bret anyway! I’m sure he had something to do with it.

Dean and Mike…..never under estimate the power of prayer

mikehd
    Dousman, WI

[quote Dean and Mike…..never under estimate the power of prayer

Oh Bret, your Mother would be so proud hearing you pray again.

fish509
    St. Michael

Took my 2 yr old English Setter to the vet tonight. She thinks his ACL is partially torn . Anyone know of a surgeon I could call for more info on this injury. It sounds like if one goes the other will soon follow. He’s a great dog both in the field and at home. I paid a fortune for him and it sounds like the fortune is going to reach Bill Gates big. Looking for medical advise on recovery times, chances of recurrence etc. Any help would be great.

Don Hanson

Not saying it is right or the only thing to do but I have had vets tell me if its a partial tear- the best thing to do is let them blow it out completly. It is a very expensive surgery with no guarentees.
    Heres a option for you to think about- http://www.woundwear.com
    I and other members have gone this route. I had ok success with the brace until the dog lost it on a water retrieve.

steve_white
    St Germain, WI

There is the tendency to blow the opposite side out. So much so that most insurance companies will not cover the other side.

gundoginga
    Delano, MN

Sorry to hear about that Fish. Keep me posted. Told my father in law and he was shocked to hear it. Hopefully if surgery is needed it will be a good strong recovery. Now what the heck u gonna do if you can’t train everyday for a couple months?????

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Sorry to hear the news. I wish you and your pup the best.

ToddRitter

Sorry to hear about your dog. I had a yellow lab female who blew one at age 7. It seems to me there were three options for surgery. My vet told me the most expensive one was the only long-term cure, so I paid $1300 for the procedure. A vet from the U of M actually came up to the St. Cloud area to do it. It worked very well (with a pretty specific rehab program) and then at age 10 the other one blew. Needless to say at that age, she is retired now with an injury like that. She walks fine with a slight limp, but the rigors of pheasant hunting are out of the question. Good luck. Although it is quite expensive, the surgery does work well.

Todd Ritter
    http://www.toddritteruplandresources.com

ted-merdan

Just saw your PM and sent you a response – don’t get over here as often, apologies.

How is the pup? Have you made any decisions yet?

-ted

gundoginga
    Delano, MN

any updates fish??? just because u got a promotion doensn’t mean you can neglect your IDO obligations!!!

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.