New pup!

• bclii
    MN/AZ

This is our latest edition to the family. Brita is a GLHP (German Long-haired Pointer). She joins our two Brittney’s.

KwikStik
    Trempealeau, WI

Nice lookin’ pup! Where did you get her? I’ve had wirehairs and drahthaars for about 15 years, but I don’t know a lot about the longhairs.

bclii
    MN/AZ

She came from Michigan. They just shipped the last one from that litter to Arizona. There are only 4 breeders in the U.S. The breeders all hunt and they sell their pups to hunters only. I grew up hunting behind GSP’s and the last 30 years Brittneys. My brother and I saw a pup at the Game Fair and looked into the breed. I thought I would try one. My Britt’s are 6&7 years old. This should make good timing as she starts to come into her own in a couple of years.

pahaarstad
    metro

cool looking pup. I run a short hair. I never seen a long hair.

I run a shorthair as well, and have also never seen a long haired before. (Cool looking pup!)

Now do the long haired pointers shed as much hair as the shorthairs???

bclii
    MN/AZ

Yes they do shed some, but not as much as the Brittanys. Their hair does not curl and lays very tight to the body. The ears and tail hair grows longer. You have to watch the ears for cleanliness, but then again I stay on top of that with the two Britt’s. She won’t make SD or Iowa this year, but I looking forward to another outstanding year of hunting.

balexander667

congrats. she is a pretty puppy.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.