Golden Retrivers

• kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

My first hunting partner was a golden. I had her for 13 years before I was forced to say good bye. She was a great all around dog considering she had no training. My mom got one here about 6 years ago, great pet, but not a hunter. Deathly scared of guns, she ended up dieing at 2 years old, out of the blue. My point, really check into the bloodlines before buying. It will make the experience much more pleasurable.

John

bnm

I think that all dogs can be gun shy. It all depends on how you train a dog. I got mine to retreave and she will flush just fine. One thing that I have notes was that she will loose interest in hunting if you don’t see a lot of birds. I hope that she will get better.

bnm

I think that all dogs can be gun shy. It all depends on how you train a dog. I got mine to retreave and she will flush just fine. One thing that I have notes was that she will loose interest in hunting if you don’t see a lot of birds. I hope that she will get better.

nick_harrison
    Garrison, IA

When my now 3 year old GSP was a pup she seemed to lose interest just like your dog. The only thing that seemed to help was time and experience. The more I hunted her the better she got. Now at 3 years old she doesnt lose interest at all. Good Luck with your training, it’s a timely process, but you will be rewarded when you are done.

nick_harrison
    Garrison, IA

When my now 3 year old GSP was a pup she seemed to lose interest just like your dog. The only thing that seemed to help was time and experience. The more I hunted her the better she got. Now at 3 years old she doesnt lose interest at all. Good Luck with your training, it’s a timely process, but you will be rewarded when you are done.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.