Dog training question.

• Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

So how do you get your dog to stop running in front of the 4 wheeler? My only thought so far is put the collar on him and zap him. Thinking about that maybe if I start in the yard teaching him the front area of the 4 wheeler is a no go. Then slowly move that to the field with the 4 wheeler running.

Let me know what you guys have tried. Thanks.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

I trained my dog to not be in front of my lawn mower simply by telling her “no”. She already knows what “no” means.

How long has your dog been doing this? What have you done to correct this when it first started?

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

This is our 2nd year with the farm. Seems to be more of an issue this year than last. Oslo isn’t always the best no. I need to start working with him again to get him ready for duck hunting. Think I’ll try to through in some 4 wheeler training to.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

This is our 2nd year with the farm. Seems to be more of an issue this year than last. Oslo isn’t always the best no. I need to start working with him again to get him ready for duck hunting. Think I’ll try to through in some 4 wheeler training to.

Iowa Teal is only eleven days away. SEPTEMBER TEAL Sept. 1-16 Daily limit is 6

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Teal season up here will be dog training season to.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

Teal season up here will be dog training season to.

Well, I certainly hope you will not be on public ground training your dog while others are trying to hunt the same area.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Not any public land that anyone else hunts. Pretty spoiled with being able to duck hunt right behind my farm.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.