Dock etiquette when fishing

• Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

The amount of people who seem addicted to dock fishing is baffling. Is this the only structure you understand? That’s okay, keep fishing the docks, don’t look over here. Nothing to see.

Good one applause

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

The amount of people who seem addicted to dock fishing is baffling. Is this the only structure you understand? That’s okay, keep fishing the docks, don’t look over here. Nothing to see.

You didn’t get the memo? LM Bass only live in shallow water, near an abundance of weeds, docks, boat lifts and other floating structures near the shoreline.

Otherwise, why would those bass boats have all those fancy electronics with SI, 360, Live. You need that to fish in 2-3 feet of water under a dock or boat lift and see all those bass. Since you can’t see them with the naked eye.

Stay away from that open water structure…bass hate that stuff.

Beast

If the shoreline property owners weren’t so hell bent to clean every under water weed out from the front of their lake front the bass wouldn’t be under their docks, It’s a problem they created themselves.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Funny how it’s turning in to trying to bash on bass guys. What’s the point of that. As the year progresses the fish change locations. I’m guessing right now they will be schooled up on deep hard bottom soon. But the last 2 weeks we took 1st in our league just shooting docks. Crazy thing tho, we never damaged any property. I know you guys are far superior then us, but I’m willing to bet, I’d out fish you in both your species of choice and then in the bass category. waytogo

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Otherwise, why would those bass boats have all those fancy electronics with SI, 360, Live. You need that to fish in 2-3 feet of water under a dock or boat lift and see all those bass. Since you can’t see them with the naked eye.

Stay away from that open water structure…bass hate that stuff.

I’m pretty sure the most recent Bassmaster Elite event was won offshore with a drop shot watching those fancy electronics at LSC. Not sure about you, but I’d much rather toss lures around docks and shallow water cover than sit there and stare at another screen for 8 hours. coffee

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Funny how it’s turning in to trying to bash on bass guys. What’s the point of that. As the year progresses the fish change locations. I’m guessing right now they will be schooled up on deep hard bottom soon. But the last 2 weeks we took 1st in our league just shooting docks. Crazy thing tho, we never damaged any property. I know you guys are far superior then us, but I’m willing to bet, I’d out fish you in both your species of choice and then in the bass category. waytogo

Because that’s all walleye guys do. They bitch and moan about everything not walleye. They ignore all the walleye guys that troll 5 ft from another boat because it’s in THEIR trolling run, then get mad when they hook someone else’s line with their 6 lines they have out. It’s not a bass vs walleye issue. It’s a fishing issue. It’s a “not being an asshole” issue. The other day a guy graphed right over the spot I was casting to 25 ft away from my boat and wondered why I was giving him the stink eye.

I noticed he had his boy with him in the boat so after a few minutes I idled over to him and said “hey pal, I’m not trying to look like a Richard by giving you the stink eye, but you have your boy in the boat and he should be being taught the right way to act on the lake and not what you just did. He actually appreciated me explaining why I was upset and everyone went on their way feeling better.

I’m so sick of all the toxicity on the water and lately on this site. Quit being crap people and if you don’t have anything constructive to say just shut the hell up.

Ripjiggen

Because that’s all walleye guys do. They bitch and moan about everything not walleye. They ignore all the walleye guys that troll 5 ft from another boat because it’s in THEIR trolling run, then get mad when they hook someone else’s line with their 6 lines they have out.

Pretty broad brush you are painting with.

This thread has been comical to say the least.

mrpike1973

My name is Brent and I’m a bassaholic. It’s my first step admitting it. hah

Quote: I’m so sick of all the toxicity on the water and lately on this site.

I remember when I couldn’t wait to learn something about fishing on here.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Kind of like all the guys bashing bass anglers isn’t it? coffee

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

“I think you should step back and stop commenting on this thread. Each time you write something you dig yourself further and further into a grave.

It doesn’t matter if you make 50 Million casts in one day, then on one cast you damage a boat or dock, you still damaged that boat or dock. That’s like saying you walked into a bank with a ski mask on 10 times, but you ONLY robbed one bank. Then tell the officer, well I didn’t rob the first 9 banks, just this one.

I’m not saying you had intent to rob the bank during the first nine times you walked in with a ski mask, or that you intending to damage the dock the first 49,999,999 times, but you did on one.

I don’t get why you don’t see the point behind that.

But then again, I guess I need to look at this from the bass fisherman’s perspective. Jesus what a ridiculous statement. “

Thank you TiilrLife I never considered things this way before. I think you may have a point.

On second thought, maybe not. I think the hole needs to be bigger to bury my detractors in. There does seem to be a lot of you

Does anyone want to try and anticipate what I am going to say?

I wrote it once, and it didn’t post; probably too many quotes, drats anyway, and now I’ve lost the flow.

tswoboda

I’m so sick of all the toxicity on the water and lately on this site. Quit being crap people and if you don’t have anything constructive to say just shut the hell up.

Kind of like all the guys bashing bass anglers isn’t it?

If you can’t beat em, join em.

ganderpike
    Alexandria

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>ganderpike wrote:</div>
    This guy definitely drives a BMW. Almost respect his stubbornness.

So you say I come off as a spoiled brat rich prick. Hmmm, The only car I’ve ever owned for myself is a Ford Ranger. My boat is 15.5′ long and was given to me. It has an older 25hp Johnson on the back. But I am indeed rich and live a blessed life, no doubt about that.

Not what I Was getting at but appreciate the laugh.

tswoboda

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>tswoboda wrote:</div>
    If you can’t beat em, join em.

Pot calling the kettle black I guess…….

Please let me know where I’ve said a negative word about fishing for any species or any type of fishing or anything even close to that.

Just thought it was ironic you were bashing literally all walleye fisherman and then giving the Thumper speech about everyone being nice all in the same post. This whole thing started because you posted a FB troll post from a fake account… I’m just happy the IDO drama entertainment is coming from fishing topics again lol

Ripjiggen

All what guys? Are referring to the 1 guy that is baffled by dock fishing?

Pretty sure the rest were ripping on Bass Pundit for his entitlement speech.

But paint away. It is giving me a good chuckle.

Gitchi Gummi

Does anyone want to try and anticipate what I am going to say?

nope. please keep speaking, this has been great.

duh queen

OK, so enough tearing each other a new one. But whilst we’re at it, let’s address the real 2000lb gorilla in the room: The stupid, stupid, weekend pontoon-ers who insist on getting handshake close while you’re working a weedline. They’ll have the entire lake at their disposal, but for some as yet unknown reason, feel the need to cut between me and the shoreline and cruise right over the area I’m pitching to. Were this in 20 FOW, it might not be a much of a problem. But they will intentionally go out of their way to spook/disturb 150yds shallower weedline. Maybe this is the reason why it’s illegal to possess a loaded shotgun(or a torpedo) on the water when not waterfowl hunting. GRRRRR! flame

Riverrat

Hasn’t Danny Devito taught you guys anything, you have to expand your horizons, don’t get locked into “Bass Fisherman” and “Walleye Fisherman” cliches. Be renaissance fisherman. And if that doesn’t work you can always go eat cat food.

blank

Hasn’t Danny Devito taught you guys anything, you have to expand your horizons, don’t get locked into “Bass Fisherman” and “Walleye Fisherman” cliches. Be renaissance fisherman. And if that doesn’t work you can always go eat cat food.

And instead of dock fishing, go fishing under bridges. All kinds of good stuff to find under there. But make sure you boil any denim you find before you wear it.

tswoboda

OK, so enough tearing each other a new one. But whilst we’re at it, let’s address the real 2000lb gorilla in the room: The stupid, stupid, weekend pontoon-ers who insist on getting handshake close while you’re working a weedline. They’ll have the entire lake at their disposal, but for some as yet unknown reason, feel the need to cut between me and the shoreline and cruise right over the area I’m pitching to. Were this in 20 FOW, it might not be a much of a problem. But they will intentionally go out of their way to spook/disturb 150yds shallower weedline. Maybe this is the reason why it’s illegal to possess a loaded shotgun(or a torpedo) on the water when not waterfowl hunting. GRRRRR!

Honestly the handshake pontooners don’t really bother me at all anymore. They’re almost always families or elderly groups out for a nice slow stroll and they want to be close to shore/fisherman where the action is. They’re usually the friendliest people on the lake and just completely ignorant to the fact they are too close. I’ll take toons over wake boats or jet skis 1000% of the time.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I’ll take toons over wake boats or jet skis 1000% of the time.

Same, the toons don’t bother me either. The wake boat crowd is by far the number one enemy on the water these days and nothing else is even close.

Gitchi Gummi

Maybe this is the reason why it’s illegal to possess a loaded shotgun(or a torpedo) on the water when not waterfowl hunting. GRRRRR!

you really going to go waving a shotgun at the family taking a sunset pontoon cruise around the lake?

like tswoboda and gim, I have no problem with pontoons and they’re likely completely ignorant as to what they’re doing. If you had an adult conversation with them, they’d likely connect the dots real quick, apologize and never do it again. they’re probably thinking the same thing about you… “why is this fisherman pinning me up against the shoreline when they have the whole lake to fish?”

duh queen

Naw, it’s the same violators over and over and over. And they aint friendly. Arrogant is more like it. As if they own the whole lake, including the spot you just happen to be fishing over. The same guys also do the same with jet skis. You can almost predict when it’ll happen. Anytime the lake traffic calms down and you find a nice bite in some secluded area, around the corner they come. Almost makes a guy want to swim the way around the lake with a waterproofed drill in hand poking holes in the serial offenders’ toons.

Ripjiggen

Some need to find some new bodies of water to fish.
    I don’t really deal with most of these issues and on the rare occasion that I do, I’m in zen mode fishing and don’t really let it get to me.

MX1825

Idiots are everywhere. It doesn’t matter if you’re a bass guy, walleye guy, panfish guy, musky guy, pontoon owner, jet ski owner, wake boat owner, a pleasure boat owner or an ice fisherman. 75% are just clueless and 25% have the attitude of FU it’s all about me.
    Bass Pundit falls in the 25% group.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Idiots are everywhere. It doesn’t matter if you’re a bass guy, walleye guy, panfish guy, musky guy, pontoon owner, jet ski owner, wake boat owner, a pleasure boat owner or an ice fisherman. 75% are just clueless and 25% have the attitude of FU it’s all about me.
    Bass Pundit falls in the 25% group.

Oh, He’s a 1% er!

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

All what guys? Are referring to the 1 guy that is baffled by dock fishing?

Pretty sure the rest were ripping on Bass Pundit for his entitlement speech.

But paint away. It is giving me a good chuckle.

Go to the bass section and pick any topic you want and you’ll find at least one guy that has made a post just to come in and basically say “I can’t believe people would even fish for bass.” Sure it’s a funny little joke but it gets old when it happens all the time. Hence, my statement. I was being ironic when I painted with a broad stroke with my comment about walleye anglers, because its done to us bass guys all the time.

And for the record, I’m not defending Bass Pundit. Im just sick of the way people act.

That being said, I need a break from this site. I don’t need to get sucked further down.

Deuces

Can’t spell bass without an a$$

I see potential bumper sticker material here.

Viewing 28 posts - 151 through 178 (of 178 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.