Discarded, broken tackle collection buckets

• Buzz
    Minneapolis MN

We’re thinking about partnering with some others and trying to get buckets or boxes in tackle shops for lead tackle disposal. I destroy 10-15 things every year. Spinnerbaits that get twisted up, crank baits with broken bills, jig heads with broken hooks, etc. Rather then driving to a County Hazardous waste disposal maybe tackle shops would participate?

JEREMY
    BP

I just cast them into a tree

LabDaddy1

I just let the loons collect it, works for me…

Karry Kyllo

We’re thinking about partnering with some others and trying to get buckets or boxes in tackle shops for lead tackle disposal. I destroy 10-15 things every year. Spinnerbaits that get twisted up, crank baits with broken bills, jig heads with broken hooks, etc. Rather then driving to a County Hazardous waste disposal maybe tackle shops would participate?

Great idea. Some guys just don’t seem to get it.

Coletrain27

i just cut the line off when its in a fishes mouth and feed them to the eagles

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

Lead crankbaits?
    Must be deep divers……
    Where does lead come from? Natural element correct? So from the ground? What’s wrong with a landfill putting it back where it came from?
    Serious question, where would the recycled lead go?

Karry Kyllo

Yes, lead is an element and is obtained by processing the mineral Galena. Normally lead isn’t available in it’s natural form naturally. The trouble with putting lead in a landfill is that it can contaminate groundwater that can cause among other things, birth defects. Recycled lead would likely be made into new lead products.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.