Different stretches of river

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

This might seem like a strange question but here goes.
    Are there stretches of the river that will produce better than other stretches? I read here of all the success guys have fishing around and south of Stillwater. Will the area above the dam in St. Croix Falls produce like that? If not, why not? I see people fishing up there and I have also, but I don’t see or hear of a success rate like is reported down river. Are the guys down river telling fish tales? Are they better fisherman? Are there less fish above the dam? Is there a serious reason or is it just a strange situation?

Looking forward to the relies of the St. Croix experts.

Thank you.

katmando
    Ramsey,MN pool 2, St.croix river

Any certain species or just in general? The st croix south of Stillwater is a much bigger body of water then north of Stillwater. And it’s closer to the Mississippi.
    But Certain stretches are better for certain species.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Thanks for the reply. I have seen people fishing for Cats up there some. I don’t know how they do though. We mainly fish Smallmouth and would be interested to hear what people say about Walleye. We have caught a couple decent Pike casting for Bass but I wouldn’t say it’s a big population up there.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Yes it will however the river is tougher to navigate due to shallower depths. I have friends that only fish the river above the dam.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.