Differences between two different Panoptix Ice Bundle Item #'s

• JoeMX1825
    MN

I’m looking to purchase a Panoptix Ice Bundle but I’ve seen 2 different item numbers listed for it online.

010-01893-20
    and
    010-01893-21

Does anybody know what the difference is? From what I could tell the head unit (Echomap 73CV+) and transducers (GT10HN-IF & PS22) were the exact same in both bundles…

BrianF

I don’t know the difference between the two numbers, but why not buy the Livescope ice bundle? The original Panoptics seems like yesterday’s technology compared to the newer Livescope technology. I use mine on both ice and open water.

JoeMX1825
    MN

i’m not willing to pay the $1,400 premium just to get a better defined “blob” on the screen. I also like the idea of greater range with the older Panoptix.

Don’t get me wrong, Livescope certainly looks cooler, but the end goal is to find the fish, see them on the screen and react to them striking the bait, Panoptix does that just fine imo for $1,400 or so less….

I also don’t want to pay the price premium for 3 year old technology when it’s most likely going to get updated next year anyways…If Livescope 2.0 is as big of a jump as Panoptix to Livescope 1.0 was, then I’ll take a much cheaper $ hit selling the Panoptix and upgrading.

mojogunter

Livescope on a boat needs to either be mounted on the trolling motor, or a mount that can be aimed at a target. Mounted on the transom is borderline worthless. I bought livescope when it first came out and had it on my boat on the transom. I never used it and thought about selling it. I just bought a new mount and look forward to trying it out. I may change my attitude for livescope , but that remains to be seen. I will say that I use my PS30 panoptix all the time, and that has been an incredible tool for me so far on the boat. I will give my input after I have had a chance to use the new setup.

I don’t know the difference between the two numbers, but why not buy the Livescope ice bundle? The original Panoptics seems like yesterday’s technology compared to the newer Livescope technology. I use mine on both ice and open water.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

mojogunter,

What mount did you buy? I bought the Livescope ice bundle and am looking for a mount to attach to the SportTrak.

JoeMX1825
    MN

back to my original post, who knows the differences between the 2 Garmin Item #’s

Netguy
    Minnetonka

I just googled “Garmin” plus each of those numbers and got the same page on Garmin’s website. Call Garmin and ask them. 800-800-1020.

mojogunter

Brew City trolling motors. It is a rail mount. I talked to the guy for about 20 minutes about how I wanted to be able to take it off and store it in the side compartment on my 621. The compartment is 4′ long. I was thinking a telescopic tube, but he came up with a sleeve that you can now pull a pin and the shaft comes apart, and it fits in there easily now. It seems to be a good setup.

mojogunter,

What mount did you buy? I bought the Livescope ice bundle and am looking for a mount to attach to the SportTrak.

Attachments:
    1. 20200710_182442.jpg

mojogunter

Only the second number comes up on the Garmin site.

back to my original post, who knows the differences between the 2 Garmin Item #’s

TimberCrappie
    Eden Prairie, MN

Joe, I do not see the 010-01893-20 on Garmin’s website but it’s certainly sold by others. That leads me to believe the -20 likely has the older map (LakeVu HD) version on the unit. I did not see any of -20’s advertise the unit having the G3 maps.

Henpecked

If I had to venture a guess I would say they are the same unit, but it appears the 21 is the latest version as they are still listed on the Garmin site whereas the 20 is not. As I understand it the plus units are now discontinued so not sure what a new bundle will come with.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I’m pretty sure jaime0725 nailed it, different Lakemap version included

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

I ran into something similar and finally after getting a hold of the company, we figured out (cause they didn’t know either) it was because that vendor had a promotional give-away (for this instance, it was a cover).

What store is this from…Maybe the 21 has a bonus gift!!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.