Did you shoot the hawk?

• Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Pretty sad.

Timmy

My gut feel in looking at that photo is that this is rhe result of some kid getting a bow and arrow as a present – and being left unsupervised while “playing” with it. I cant imagine that the little leg of a hawk would stop an arrow feom any realistic hunting bow….

Hopefully the guilty party knows what they did was wrong, feels remorse, and grows from it.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

That is bad. Really, really sucks in fact. The bird would have almost had to have been shot while in a tree or the air to get the arrow angle shown….imagine where the arrow could have gone on a miss….in the Twin Cities no less. Pretty darned dangerous.

Some firecrackers got the sharp-shin away from our yard and feeders.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Some firecrackers got the sharp-shin away from our yard and feeders.

Surely you mean that in theory, some firecrackers would have gotten the sharp-shin hawk away from your feeders had you lived in Wisconsin or some other lawless hinterland where a)such explosives and b)harassing wildlife are both legal?

Grouse

CaptainMusky

This gives real sportsmen a real bad name.

Mike J
    Wright County

Crazy. I actually seen this hawk perched on a light pole on the 35w bridge last week. Couldn’t tell exactly what was sticking out of it, but my first thought was an arrow. Sure enough, sad deal.

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

Tom can do anything he wants as long as he approves of it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.