Dick's won't be selling "assault" rifles…

• eyeguy507
    SE MN

Doing nothing is not an option. We must do something that does nothing.

Wait for that something, the leader of our country will tweet his plan on how to prevent this without bringing the Russians in on it.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Read the other posts, Dicks has done this before and then sold long rifles again, it’s totally a PR stunt to win the moderates hearts
    ….. it apparently works.

Is this true?
    From reports I heard Dick’s Sporting Goods does not sell the asult weapons but their sister store Field & Stream (35 stores) did and thats where the contiuation of there ban on asualt rifle continues. I have not seen where Dick’s Sporting Goods started to resale that type of gun after the initial ban in Dicks Sporting Goods stores outside this forum.

Please correct me if I’m wrong, repeating false information sure does not help.

So many panties in a bunch! Unbunch them so breathing gets easier and the hyperventilating stops!!

tindall
    Minneapolis MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>TripleA wrote:</div>
    Read the other posts, Dicks has done this before and then sold long rifles again, it’s totally a PR stunt to win the moderates hearts
    ….. it apparently works.

Is this true?
    From reports I heard Dick’s Sporting Goods does not sell the asult weapons but their sister store Field & Stream (35 stores) did and thats where the contiuation of there ban on asualt rifle continues. I have not seen where Dick’s Sporting Goods started to resale that type of gun after the initial ban in Dicks Sporting Goods stores outside this forum.

Please correct me if I’m wrong, repeating false information sure does not help.

Yes, you are correct: they waited a bit and then created an offshoot store that sells ARs to remain competitive. If that different label reassures you of thier genuine intentions I can only refer you back to tripleAs comment. It does however make today’s heartfelt announcement of a Dick’s re-ban confusing.

It doesn’t matter anyway, Dick’s 5min of fame is over – everything gun related is gonna go coo-coo-balls after Trump’s remarks today.

basseyes

Doing nothing is not an option. We must do something that does nothing.

So very true.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

In reality, who even shops at Dick’s anyways? Their prices aren’t even competitive with Fleet Farm

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I’m going today for some line, fish grips to attach to my Rapala scale (The spring loaded grip that comes with it is way too strong) and possibly get a rod for my new reel if I find a good deal. If I wan’t jonesing, I’d get them all elsewhere online.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Just got back.

Spent $0

Dick’s sucks donkey

big_g
    Isle, MN

How do they know which guns will be doing these “assaults” ? If they know already, they should have told the FBI long ago. Confused ?

munchy
    NULL

Attachments:
    1. BF554A96-65CF-4A5B-AE03-2128A52DAC96.jpeg

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

To our Kool-Aid drinking sportsmen that have fell under the spell of social and news media BS, here are some statistics you should know. Please, for the love of mankind, please at least look at this. BTW – Handgun owners and Shotgun owners beware! If the general uneducated public gets their way with AR platform / Semi-auto rifles, the statistics show who should be next

https://www.statista.com/statistics/476409/mass-shootings-in-the-us-by-weapon-types-used/

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Maybe get a hammer ban started up too. We just had our SECOND hammer attack in a week here. One was pretty serious and resulted in a victim having to have surgery on his skull/brain.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Dicks does suck. Got a $50 gift card from my cousin for Christmas. Took this long to find anything I wanted. Ended up buying a some climbing sticks and a hatchet for the hunting shack. Figured id spend the gift card before they go out of business

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

To be clear it’s sucks donkey.

Mike Martine
    Inactive
    la crosse wis

Kinda telling how anyone who disagrees with the far right stance on guns is uneducated, and drinking the Kool-Aid. Statistics can be found to support any point of view , ask any politician. I get my news from more than what fox and the nra spew out . I’ve found the far left and the far right media are so biased its ridiculous, the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

TripleA
    Blaine

Kinda telling how anyone who disagrees with the far right stance on guns is uneducated, and drinking the Kool-Aid. Statistics can be found to support any point of view , ask any politician. I get my news from more than what fox and the nra spew out . I’ve found the far left and the far right media are so biased its ridiculous, the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Your on the right track.

Best part about the righties is we don’t need a news outlet to explain gun rights, that’s what the 2nd amendment is for. Think about it this way in the future and it will be much easier to understand.

tindall
    Minneapolis MN

Why can’t they ever introduce legislation to do ONE thing? The bills that they put forward include so many different things that they are bound to fragment people of varying persuasions and fail.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Kinda telling how anyone who disagrees with the far right stance on guns is uneducated, and drinking the Kool-Aid. Statistics can be found to support any point of view , ask any politician.

Politicians are mostly liars and make crap up. Media shows a biased side depends on who they support. As far as I’m concerned, they all can rot in he’ll. I can’t stand ANY of the major media mud slingers. Just a huge group of over paid drama queens. I watch for the blurbs on the local news and seek out facts on the reputable fact checking sites. Something that seems impossible for most people, regardless of left or right.

I’m just appalled that so many people are buying into the AR ban saga without looking up the facts. I’ve read and heard so dam many times on how ar’s the most common weapon for mass shootings. It’s not true – PERIOD. youv’e been lied to. Search 10 statistic sites that list the weapon by each individual incident. Semi auto handguns have been used by almost 2:1

Btw- I’ve taken multiple political cumpas type tests and consistently hit dead center. I don’t lean left or right. It’s about passing more laws and regulations based on lies and deception

basseyes

I’ve got chicken’s. Have the coup on the edge of a field. Something’s are impossible to defend against, like avian predators. Ground predators are a different story. I can’t totally eliminate the threat of predation, but I can protect the coup. Predators will always find a way. But I can take measures to eliminate a predators ways in and guard the chickens vs thinking I can totally eliminate the threat. The threat is there, no matter if I check the mental health or cut the predators teeth. I can’t eliminate all predators, but I can to the best of my ability learn how to effectively lower the risk of them getting to the chickens, no matter their preferred methods. Have watched two of my favorite chickens get nailed by hawk’s. Had to chase the one redtail off.

We are polarized and focusing on a singular quagmire, that’s no cure. We are stuck in the mud, hoping if we keep flooding it with our ignorance, we’ll get unstuck, but unbeknownst to us is, we are making it worse and moving farther and farther away from meaningful, factually based solutions and making things worse with a constant bickering over fundamentals we each hold dear personally.

I’ve got kids in the Cambridge/Isanti school district that was cancelled yesterday, so it’s hit close to home. My stance is still the same on gun control, it’s pandering bs that does little.

Mike Martine
    Inactive
    la crosse wis

Btw: My mother had me tested too , I’m not crazy. I use common sense to form my opinions , and common sense tells me kids are dying , and whatever the weapon of choice may be , its too easily accessable to people that commit these acts. I realize more regs aren’t the end all be all , but at least make them work for it. If it inconveniences mine or your ability to buy any weapon we choose , I really don’t care.

basseyes

Btw: My mother had me tested too , I’m not crazy. I use common sense to form my opinions , and common sense tells me kids are dying , and whatever the weapon of choice may be , its too easily accessable to people that commit these acts. I realize more regs aren’t the end all be all , but at least make them work for it. If it inconveniences mine or your ability to buy any weapon we choose , I really don’t care.

Maybe we should make schools less convenient targets for criminals, that’s something that we can all agree on.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I hear the argument that we don’t want to militarize or schools or make them prisons. It’s hyperbole and my response is do you want to protect kids at school or not then?

Most gun regs at best make it harder or make the amount killed less which is unacceptable to me.

gixxer01
    Avon, MN

Curious if this could be seen as discrimination based upon age which, to my understanding, is a protected class. If this were reversed and a car dealership said they wouldn’t sell cars to anyone over 70, they would like be sued and lose in court. Obviously, if there was a federal or state law saying they couldn’t sell to anyone under 21, that would be a different story.

Not that it bothers me that Dicks did this since I don’t support them financially and I will gladly continue to exercise that option.

I was thinking the same about discrimination. Wasnt so long ago a certain baker was flogged for not serving a gay wedding. If the left had a problem with that, they should have a problem with this as well.

I would like to see a discrimination lawsuit come forward. If nothing else to expose the hypocrisy.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Im so sick of this gun thing. For over 200 years they are ok and now they are not. You know all they want to do is disarm all citizens. Who is the real America? When/where is this going to end?!

Sharon
    SE Metro

Im so sick of this gun thing. For over 200 years they are ok and now they are not. You know all they want to do is disarm all citizens. Who is the real America? When/where is this going to end?!

Well said Suzuki. It’s so frustrating and it’s impossible to debate this with people who are fueld by emotions and innacurate “facts”.

basseyes

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>suzuki wrote:</div>

Well said Suzuki. It’s so frustrating and it’s impossible to debate this with people who are fueld by emotions and innacurate “facts”.

And while debating it, nothing gets done to actually protect schools. Protect schools first. Debate gun control with facts, research and study the constitution and find ways to get something done without infringing on law abiding gun owners rights protected under the document that’s the foundation of this country.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Ok, this was too funny to not pass on….

Cabelas sells guns to people 18-20 years old. Why? Because they are not Dicks. jester

-J.

big_g
    Isle, MN

For those blaming the gun, almost every school shooter is wearing tennis shoes when they commit these acts. They could/should be wearing combat boots, but they don’t. Know why ? They can maneuver better, running, zigging and zagging as they go, light on their feet, boots would slow them down. So, why are people not callling for a ban on these “assault shoes” ? Hey, women wear heels, in heels, maybe the 17 victims becomes only 6, if he didn’t have such easy access to tennis shoes… rumor has it, there is no background check or even a waiting period , or minimum age to buy them???? Wtf ??? Dicks and This thread has steered off topic, mental health issues. If Dicks said for every gun or widget we sell, we will be donating X % to mental health treatment, there posturing would be somewhat honorable and actionable.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

This should make a few smile

Attachments:
    1. FB_IMG_1520005262229.jpg

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 153 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.