Dialed arxos ?

• Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Any one play with one of these ? The arxos v3 is what I’m looking at. I’m going to go test it out this evening and see if I like it or not. I’m used to a set 4 pin and this 3 pin roller is a bit intimidating as I’ve never used one before. I really like the fact I can dial the top pin in and shoot leagues with it as a single pin.

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

A coworker of mine has one and seems to like it a fair bit, though I’ve never shot one in handling they are a very well put together sight.

The easiest way IMO to transition from a fixed multi pin sight to a slider is to go with a multi-pin slider. Like you said, you can use your top or bottom pin to dial, but at the home position you have 2 or 3 pins that are your known distances.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Well I ended up liking the arxos shot with it a bunch today and it was tricky to figure out until I finally caught a you tube video from Tim Connor that made things click. I was doing it wrong for about a hour and was about to give up on it and shop for something else. Bud the dialed arxos is dialed in. Grouping every where from 20 to 60.
    The phase 4 feels great, put my 12 inch hot rodz stabilizer on and the bow feels wonderful

Attachments:
    1. 20240225_163745-scaled.jpg

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

That setup looks sweet!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

That setup looks sweet!

I was going to keep shooting the hoyt for leagues since there’s only a few weeks left. But I’m shooting this Wednesday. I’m excited. I shot 50 arrows today and I’m feeling good

Michael Best

Nice Biw BearCat.
    I have the phase 4 33 in green as well.
    The site I went with is the spot hogg fast Eddie double stack. While in a tree stand I set my dial so my top pin is at 30 yards. That puts my bottom pin at 49 yards. I am covered for 0 to 40 that way with only 2 pins.
    What rest did you go with?
    I have shot QAD ultra rests since they came out and when I bought this bow I went with the hsmskee epsilon. First time I have used a limb driven rest. It took me a good weekend to get the timing figured out on it.
    I was really surprised how much vertical play a person can get out of different timing on that rest.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I went with the QAD intergrate mx2 rest.
    Last night I went and played with stabilizers and ended up with a 10 inch bridgelock. I didn’t want to spend that money but it sure shot nice. So now I’m set up, just waiting on my new gas string to come in, got it in florescent orange and black, also ordered the dialed orange inserts and tape reel for the arxos.
    Next step is to order in and build some new arrows and Ditch these victory vforce.
    I’m not sure if I’m going to go with the victory rip tko’s or what else I might come up with.

The arxos is the v3, 3 pin. When my top pin is 20, I found my second pin is 35, and 3rd pin is 50. That’s my set stationary ranges with out rolling. I got the .10 pins and boy are they tiny, so last night is ordered the light for the sight as well, pretty sweet how the light works, can be super dim or bright just by sliding it forward and back.

Attachments:
    1. 20240226_164927-scaled.jpg

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

What case do you run for your 33 ? I’m thinking I’m going to have to buy both a soft and hard case. Soft case for my day to day trips in the back seat and hard case for truck travel and hunting trips

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

so last night is ordered the light for the sight as well, pretty sweet how the light works, can be super dim or bright just by sliding it forward and back.

Is a lighted sight legal in MN? I know some states they are not.

Michael Best

I run an SKB soft sided case. It works perfect. I have actually used this same case for a couple of other bows as well. I used to own and now this Mathew’s.

As for a lighted sights. In the past when I had a light on my site I just removed the battery while hunting in states that did not allow a light on the site. Colorado is a state that doesn’t allow a light.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>
    so last night is ordered the light for the sight as well, pretty sweet how the light works, can be super dim or bright just by sliding it forward and back.

Is a lighted sight legal in MN? I know some states they are not.

Not sure. But it’s a 2 second on and off the sight. I shoot enough 3d and Woodfest type of stuff the light will be highly used. In a hunting situation I’ll put it back to stock if it’s not allowed in mn.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.