DHL Express

• rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

Anyone have any experience with this company? I ordered an item internationally for christmas on the 7th of December. The Item was shipped on the 20th of December. Granted, I didn’t think it would be here before the 25th and it wasn’t. DHL sent email that the package would be delivered on the 26th, which was ok. I checked the tracking # on Tuesday and it stated with courier out for delivery. Nothing! Called Wednesday morning and they told me it would be delivered today. Receive email stating it was with courier and out for delivery. NOTHING!! Called this morning, Thursday, and asked about it. Apologies rained and said it definitely would be delivered today. I told the person I was talking to that if they carried it over to FEDEX or UPS I would probably get it today! Crickets……! Anywhoooo……it’s 6:28 pm as I rant here and the package still isn’t here! Needless to say, there won’t be a shining feedback about there performance.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I’ve had a lot of products shipped to me over the years with DHL, and no significant problems. I think they have a smaller servicing area. That could be the issue if the shipper sent it without it being caught that it was outside a delivery zone. Of which most will sub out the final leg of delivery. Odd

munchy
    NULL

That’s pretty standard for DHL. I have never had a good experience with them, and will look elsewhere if I see a company solely ships with DHL.

I once purchased an item online that turned out was being shipped via DHL from Forest Lake (~40 miles away). Took over TWO WEEKS! I could have walked there and back faster!

riverruns
    Inactive

Always ask for USPS shipping when you can. We’ll get it to you. waytogo peace

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Off topic – I ordered an electric heater for the boat house on the 20th. It said order today and have it on the 24th. So I placed the order, filled out all the info and confirmed. It then says, “thanks for the order you should see it on the 28th”.
    What the heck!

ps still isn’t here.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Find out when your package is at the hub in Eagan and tell them to hold it at the front desk. Go pick it up. Try not to be too pissy when you go in the building. It’s hard.

Christmas Eve morning many years ago. Guy that was to open the store was late. DHL came and left with 40 payroll checks. Called DHL and they said it was in Eagan. Go to pick it up and they couldn’t find it and the driver that was to deliver it wasn’t answering his phone…most likely sleeping they said.

They told me to go and they would run it over…
    I explained that it was the afternoon of Christmas Eve. These employees were counting on their paychecks… there was no way I was leaving until I had that package.
    As they were looking all over someplace in the back of the building, I just happened to look over the counter on a desk. Yep, there it was address to me.

I yelled a couple times to get someone out of the back and I think they thought I was going to go postal as two big guys came out from the back along with the little lady that had me sign for it.

Today I can laugh about it.

PS Sorry guys in brown, I just had a Return Service label sent from Mo to MN via Hawaii. Schtuff happens. )

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

That’s pretty standard for DHL. I have never had a good experience with them, and will look elsewhere if I see a company solely ships with DHL.

I once purchased an item online that turned out was being shipped via DHL from Forest Lake (~40 miles away). Took over TWO WEEKS! I could have walked there and back faster!

Agreed. Our company quit dealing with dhl altogether. If a customer want so use them the must set it up themselves and send us the paperwork. They are horrible. Everything from billing to issues with customs.

I have 0 faith.

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

Package wasn’t delivered again yesterday. Not surprised!! Called again and the excuse was bad weather. Now I’m a couple hours away from the Cities so I don’t know what the weather was like there, but we usually get similar weather. Was told it would be delivered today. Told them I wouldn’t “bet the farm” on that!!

milemark_714

Surprised they are still around.Place I worked at had tooling shipped via them.Yup,it always arrived late.So tooling supplier went with UPS and USPS.

USPS priority mail was the fastest.Some items were cheaper and faster with PM,vs UPS ground.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I know a guy, who when he was younger, drove for DHL… yeah, you don’t want to depend on them. doah

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.