Devils track lake…walleyes?

• RedRanger

I am going camping up there near Grand Marais next week.
    How is the walleye fishing and any info on whats going on is appreciated….jigs? Rigging? Live bait?
    Havent been there in 40 years..
    Thank you
    Greg

Kevin J Dobbs
    La Crosse. WI

Greg , I have been visiting/fishing the area for 13 years and would not waste my time on Devils Track, everything is small and a lot of recreational boat traffic and fishing pressure. I would try two island lake or head farther up the Gunflint and try Elbow or best option would be all the way to the end and go to Saganaga or seagull. Good Luck , KD

zooks

Greg , I have been visiting/fishing the area for 13 years and would not waste my time on Devils Track, everything is small and a lot of recreational boat traffic and fishing pressure. I would try two island lake or head farther up the Gunflint and try Elbow or best option would be all the way to the end and go to Saganaga or seagull. Good Luck , KD

I’d agree with this – DT can be good but fish do run smaller compared to other lakes and it is the popular skiing lake in the area. Would also add Ball Club plus East and West Twin Lakes to the list for lakes to try. Buck’s Hardware and/or the Beaver House in GM can give you the most recent reports. Hope this helps, good luck.

RedRanger

Thanks for the help
    Will try to find a lakeside tent site….probably try two Island , as its close to Grand Marais….going up on Tuesday so away from the weekend.

I heard Deer flies are bad…
    I suppose we could retreat to GM if that’s the case
    thanks again any assistance is appreciated

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.