Destination close to the cities

Wife and I have an opportunity to get a couple days away from 2 young kids. Looking to take a short trip within 2-3 hours of the cities. Any suggestions where the wife will be happy and I could sneak out for a bit of fishing?

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

My recommendation would be Hayward, Wi! For people who aren’t too familiar, I’d generally recommend a cabin/room at a resort on the Chippewa flowage. My favorite is Treeland (although its the only one I’ve been to, for good reason). Obviously all sorts of fun on the lake with resorts, bars, activities, food, and good fishing but downtown Hayward has some really neat shops too. Highly recommend renting a side by side near cable for a day trip as well. Cool trails through Chaquemegon and an opportunity to see the WI elk herd. An absolute blast!

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Whitefish Chain would be where I would go. Lots of resorts with lots of spa’s for the wife and lots of lakes that are connected for you!

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

Stillwater, Alexandria, mille lacs, Duluth, red wing, lots of options.

slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

Are you fishing from shore or bringing a boat?

patk
    Nisswa, MN

Whitefish Chain would be where I would go. Lots of resorts with lots of spa’s for the wife and lots of lakes that are connected for you!

This or a bit south in the Brainerd/Nisswa area. My wife really likes the Saturday morning yoga in Nisswa. Oddly I seem to get out fishing on Saturday mornings, what a coincidence.

Charles

Come up to whitefish chain, I can bring you out for a bit if you don’t want to drag a boat with.

Thanks so much for the responses. I would bring a boat if it isn’t too far of a trip but I wouldn’t want to haul one too far. Appreciate the offer Charles!

slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

Alexandria or Nisswa. Plenty of stuff do and good fishing.

B-man

I’d take a charter trip out of Duluth waytogo

If you’re looking to go this weekend everyone is probably booked, but there’ll be openings later.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.