lighted nocks

• Bob Bowman
    MN

That was AWESOME guys.

If you need someone to drill your holes

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I’ve been itching to do some ice fishing for lake trout since I heard about it from a coworker way back in the day. He used to winter camp with buddies up in the BWCA and do some sledding with their dogs.

Now there’s is a lake by my sister’s cabin that contains lakers, so I am trying to get the brothers to go up there for an extended weekend this summer. The info from the show will really help us out and give us a jumping off point.

abster71
    crawford county WI

What do you guys think is the best lighted nock out there? I’ve used lumenok with issues going off once hitting target and now I’ve used the nocturnal in South Africa and with pass through’s the nocks are junk. I pulled knock out and were covered with blood and would work any more. Any other good bad reviews?

john_steinhauer
    p4

I use Nockturnal and love them. I’ve had four pass throws on doe this year and not one problem. I just make sure to clean them up right after being used.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I don’t personally believe there is a “great” lighted nock out there. I’ve been shooting nockturnals the last two years. They seem to be the best for me. After I shoot one through an animal, I’ll soak it in peroxide for a few hours. Hit with a toothbrush and test it. This works about 75% of the time I’d say.

I will say, in two years I’ve had two of them break as they passed through. If there is a better option out, I’m all ears.

john_steinhauer
    p4

I’ve never tried peroxide, I always just rinse them off with hot hot water not boiling but as hot as I can get it out of my faucet and make sure I get all blood and stuff off with a tooth brush and small piece of wire.

My experiences never had one not light up and never had one break on me….. Knock on wood

I like the Nockturnals as we’ll. I’ve had a few break or come loose on impact but they’re cheap enough where I really don’t mind them breaking every now and then, as long as they do their job, which to me is to show me exactly where my arrow entered the animal.

I normally buy mine on EBay for $22 for a 3 pack.

todders
    Shoreview, MN

Another vote for nocturnal. They are easy to turn off, obvious when they are lit and I have never had one turn on accidentally.

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

I’ve used both but have settled on Lumenok. I have never had one come off with pass-through shots. I have had one, but just one that didn’t punch-light when fired (pass through shot)and when I went n picked up the arrow, I pushed nock in and it lit-up.
    I too, have used peroxide to clean them up. Seems to work so I stick with it.
    Wouldn’t know if one brand is better than another. I started with these and they’ve worked great

devel

Nocturnal for me. I was a shooting Lumenoks at a buddies farm brand new from the package and only one of them turned on when shooting.

I have never had a problem with Nocturnal, so if it’s broke don’t fix it!

burbob
    Hastings,MN

Quote:

After I shoot one through an animal, I’ll soak it in peroxide for a few hours. Hit with a toothbrush and test it. This works about 75% of the time I’d say.

Once you are done shooting them for the summer use a little string wax to plug up the hole on the side. That will keep some of the blood out.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Great suggestion Bobby!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.