drew blood

• Bob Bowman
    MN

Quote:

That was a way cool video Mr. Bowman

When making your figure 8, how do you determine the length of line from the tip of your rod to the bait? Are you cranked up tight to the leader?

I am also assuming while making your figure 8’s you are not in free spool, but the reason
    at first for free spool, after hooking up, is to let out some line for the battle after driving the hooks home.

Set me straight please

I don’t reel all the way up to the leader, I normally leave about a foot or two of line out when stiring the pot. If you crank all the way up to the leader, your going to put a lot of undue stress on your equiptment.

Your dead on with the free spool. I set the hook and then thumb the reel to allow the fish to make a few power runs, and not tear the hooks out. That does happen from time to time however

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

It takes a lot to impress the FW.

Then how did she end up with you?

abster71
    crawford county WI

Well for the 3rd time out ended up being a good night had does and fawns filtering by the stand at 6:00pm and ready to take a doe I got ready made a slight move and the stand creeked never seen deer move so fast 5 min. later doe and fawn come by and the doe walking straight away oh well then she comes back and offers 23yrd broadside shot and took off. Looked for arrow nothing and little blood sure I heard her crash though. Let her go till morning and I was only 10 yrds from finding good blood went right to her and no yote damage thank god. Hit her little high with no pass through with new hypodermic rage. broadhead looked fine after finally finding arrow in a bush can’t believe she didn’t break the arrow. Dragging her out found a lot of great sign in areas I don’t walk through, hopefully when things start heating up will pay off.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

So, when you got her skinned and look at the damage, are you happy with that broadhead? I switched to the 2 blade chisel point late last fall and I’m very happy with the results.

Congrats on some meat for the freezer!

abster71
    crawford county WI

I haven’t taken a good look at her. A good friend is going through some rough times and I’m giving the deer to him. He’s gonna bone it himself and will get some pics for me. Just got done cleaning the arrow up and the head looks great and blades as well. Just hit them on the stone and good to go for backup arrow.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Hey, I might have some extra venison when the season is done if I fill all my tags. If he needs some more meat, let me know.

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.