Best Fixed blade?

• muskybones

What does everyone think the best fixed blade broadhead is. I am looking at using them this year in stead of blood runners and am shooting 63 pounds. Also want to get a pack for my Girl friend its her first year hunting and shes shooting about 44 pounds. What ones should I get for her and what ones should I get for me?

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

If you are set on fix blades I can’t help, haven’t shot them for 10 years.

If you are looking for mechanical I really like the trophy ridge rocket hammerheads, Ray Charles could follow the blood trail on these broadheads…

super_do
    St Michael, MN

Can’t really go wrong with Thunderheads. But you need to shoot them to see how they fly out of your bow. Good luck

gobbler
    Central, MN

I don’t know if I would consider any brand to be the “best”. It all comes down to personal opinion. Shoot what you like and don’t worry about what others think. I personally shoot 100g Thunderheads and love them. I haven’t even tried any others. I’m happy with the way they shoot and they meet my expectations.

Then again…. I still get a lot of crap from the boys about shooting feathers. Old habits are hard to break.

mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

Ive shot muzzy broadheads for 15 years and not had any problems with them. Never tried any other brands because the 4 blade 100 grain muzzys have always worked for me. I agree just pick one and put it through a deer’s lungs and you’ll be good.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Quote:

I don’t know if I would consider any brand to be the “best”. It all comes down to personal opinion. Shoot what you like and don’t worry about what others think. I personally shoot 100g Thunderheads and love them. I haven’t even tried any others. I’m happy with the way they shoot and they meet my expectations.

I couldn’t agree more with this. I will say of my friends who shoot fixed blades, most of them are muzzy or thunderhead fans. I haven’t shot a fixed blade in 28 years so I can’t personally comment on which is “best”.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I still have a few packs of Rocky Mnt Razors. best fixed blade i ever owned. When they got bought out, i clear the shelves in a few stores and been well stocked!

ccales

I don’t know about “best” but for fixed blade I use 100gr G5 Montecs. For mechanicals I use 2 blade rage. My field experience is that both are absolutely lethal. They are both devastating to bone and leave superior blood trails. I have never failed to recover game with either. I carry both in my quiver as I prefer fixed blades in some cover types. For that it’ s worth that’s my experience.

zimmy101
    Hager City Wisconsin

I’ve had great success with both 100 grain 4 blade muzzy and now I love 100 grain 4 blade slick triks.

tony_p
    Waterloo, IA

In my opinion its 100% personal preference . If your bow is tuned properly most will fly great . If you hit them in the boiler room any broad head will kill a deer. I’ve shot them from Rocky Mountian to Sattelite to Muzzy even the Zewiky (sp) an all killed deer.

thinkeyes
    Fairfax, IOWA

While I shoot Muzzys and have had a lot of luck with them, I think you might want a cut-on-contact broadhead for your GF if she is only shooting 44#. I have never used the G5 Montecs, but my good buddy swears by them for moose and deer so I have no problem recommending them. If I am wrong about the cut-on-contact thing, someone let me know.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.