anybody gettin excited???

• Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

i can’t believe no ones talkin about how excited they are for the MN deer opener this weekend. it’s only 2 1/2 days away now ya no.

i’m defintaly lookin forward to it, but deer hunting doesn’t get me going quite as much as the duck hunting does, but i can’t hardly pass up the opportunity for “Mr. Big Buck”. our group stopped shootin little guys about 4 years ago, so there should be some dandies walking around this year. hopefully i’ll get a crack at one of them.

hope everyone has a safe and successfull hunt. and remember, if you want meat, shoot a doe!!!

good luck

sean colter
    Grand Rapids, MN

Jake…I’m with ya…2 1/2 days and counting and Up here in Northern Minnesota things are getting better by the minute. Bucks are chasing like mad making the anticipation for opening morning even worse.
    Getting to Deer camp each year and visiting the guys is one of the best parts of Deer Season. All the BS that goes along with the daily stories is tough to beat. We have a neat Camp contest each year that I thought some of you hunters might be interested in…it makes for some great times on the Night before opener….here it is
    Points Catagory: Predictions:

50 pts 1st Buck Harvested By:_________Time:_____
    50 Pts Largest Buck By:_________ WT:______
    25 pts Smallest Legal Buck By:_________ WT:______
    50 pts Largest Doe By:_________ WT:______
    50 pts 1st Doe By:_________ WT:______
    25 pts Worst Luck for ’03 Hunter:_______________
    50 pts Best Hunting Story Hunter:_______________
    100 pts Total # of Bucks for ’03 _____________
    100 pts Total # of Deer for ’03 _____________

We have been doing this for many of years at our Camp and its a great time. The excitement for the yearly predictions are amazing. At the years end, the pot for this contest goes to the hunter who gets the most points .
    Well have a fun and SAFE Opener and Lets see those Trophies.

sean colter
    Grand Rapids, MN

Jake…I’m with ya…2 1/2 days and counting and Up here in Northern Minnesota things are getting better by the minute. Bucks are chasing like mad making the anticipation for opening morning even worse.
    Getting to Deer camp each year and visiting the guys is one of the best parts of Deer Season. All the BS that goes along with the daily stories is tough to beat. We have a neat Camp contest each year that I thought some of you hunters might be interested in…it makes for some great times on the Night before opener….here it is
    Points Catagory: Predictions:

50 pts 1st Buck Harvested By:_________Time:_____
    50 Pts Largest Buck By:_________ WT:______
    25 pts Smallest Legal Buck By:_________ WT:______
    50 pts Largest Doe By:_________ WT:______
    50 pts 1st Doe By:_________ WT:______
    25 pts Worst Luck for ’03 Hunter:_______________
    50 pts Best Hunting Story Hunter:_______________
    100 pts Total # of Bucks for ’03 _____________
    100 pts Total # of Deer for ’03 _____________

We have been doing this for many of years at our Camp and its a great time. The excitement for the yearly predictions are amazing. At the years end, the pot for this contest goes to the hunter who gets the most points .
    Well have a fun and SAFE Opener and Lets see those Trophies.

newt
    Pillager, MN

It’s gettin close! Washed all my son’s and my huntin’ duds last night in some soap that supposed to smell like dirt and dead leaves…who knows, it might help. Going to get stocked up on food tonight and then headin’ to the beverage store. Leavin around noon on Friday for 5 days at the cabin. I shot a big one last year, hopin’ my son gets a crack at a nice one this year.

newt
    Pillager, MN

It’s gettin close! Washed all my son’s and my huntin’ duds last night in some soap that supposed to smell like dirt and dead leaves…who knows, it might help. Going to get stocked up on food tonight and then headin’ to the beverage store. Leavin around noon on Friday for 5 days at the cabin. I shot a big one last year, hopin’ my son gets a crack at a nice one this year.

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

I’m in such bad shape I can hardly type. Changed the choke on the shotgun, put on the red dot, and got out the slugs. Found everything orange in the house and threw them into the plastic tub. Might be some things in there I can’t wear but Mama will let me know if she is missing something. Heading for western Minnesota Friday morn. Funny thing, there just happens to be a meeting I scheduled about half way there so i will get out to the farm a little early. Oh well. More time to drink a beer and tell stories.

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

I’m in such bad shape I can hardly type. Changed the choke on the shotgun, put on the red dot, and got out the slugs. Found everything orange in the house and threw them into the plastic tub. Might be some things in there I can’t wear but Mama will let me know if she is missing something. Heading for western Minnesota Friday morn. Funny thing, there just happens to be a meeting I scheduled about half way there so i will get out to the farm a little early. Oh well. More time to drink a beer and tell stories.

zimmy101
    Hager City Wisconsin

I bowhunt near Bay City Wi. I believe the guy that owns the farm down from the ridge I was hunting tonight must be gun hunting in Minnesota this weekend. Apparently the guy was sighting in his gun tonight. First shot scared the crap out of me. After the first shot the other 24 shots didn’t scare me as much!!!! That fella is gonna have a SORE shoulder tommorow! Must be a lousy shot too.

zimmy101
    Hager City Wisconsin

I bowhunt near Bay City Wi. I believe the guy that owns the farm down from the ridge I was hunting tonight must be gun hunting in Minnesota this weekend. Apparently the guy was sighting in his gun tonight. First shot scared the crap out of me. After the first shot the other 24 shots didn’t scare me as much!!!! That fella is gonna have a SORE shoulder tommorow! Must be a lousy shot too.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

My neighbor got some pics from his trail cam of a nice 8 point in our hunting area, my hunting coat & bibs are hanging in my pine tree for a couple of days, my 870 is sighted in and ready to go I can hardly wait

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

My neighbor got some pics from his trail cam of a nice 8 point in our hunting area, my hunting coat & bibs are hanging in my pine tree for a couple of days, my 870 is sighted in and ready to go I can hardly wait

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

Dear God, please help me make it through the night. The truck is packed and I would leave right now if it weren’t for a couple of meaningless meetings tomorrow. When will I get my priorities right? Deer are not abundant in my my area this year because of a big kill during last year’s hunting season but it don’t matter, I want to be there now. Like I tell the PETA’s at work, I get grumpy if I haven’t killed something in the past few weeks. Just twisting their tail, of course. But I do leave the washed out deer blood on my back bumper for a few weeks just for their enjoyment in the parking lot.

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

Dear God, please help me make it through the night. The truck is packed and I would leave right now if it weren’t for a couple of meaningless meetings tomorrow. When will I get my priorities right? Deer are not abundant in my my area this year because of a big kill during last year’s hunting season but it don’t matter, I want to be there now. Like I tell the PETA’s at work, I get grumpy if I haven’t killed something in the past few weeks. Just twisting their tail, of course. But I do leave the washed out deer blood on my back bumper for a few weeks just for their enjoyment in the parking lot.

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

All right, I made it through the night. Now to get those two meetings out of the way and I hit the road. A friend of mine put it well yesterday when he said he had to pack up, drink up, love up, sleep up, wake up, get up, clean up, sober up, drive up, and party down.

Good luck all.

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

All right, I made it through the night. Now to get those two meetings out of the way and I hit the road. A friend of mine put it well yesterday when he said he had to pack up, drink up, love up, sleep up, wake up, get up, clean up, sober up, drive up, and party down.

Good luck all.

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR………

it looks like it’s gonna be a little chilly out there tomorrow morning. the weather channel said only 10deg at 5:00am. and that’s in rochester!!! that’s cold when you have to sit out there all day like we do. you guys up north better have good heaters in those boxes you hunt out of.

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR………

it looks like it’s gonna be a little chilly out there tomorrow morning. the weather channel said only 10deg at 5:00am. and that’s in rochester!!! that’s cold when you have to sit out there all day like we do. you guys up north better have good heaters in those boxes you hunt out of.

newt
    Pillager, MN

I might have to go buy another heater..my son’s gonna be using mine It looks like temps in the single digits up north tomorrow morning…yikes!! Hey…it’s better than the honey-do list and better than sittin’ in front of this PC at work Leaving around noon today…good luck everyone!

newt
    Pillager, MN

I might have to go buy another heater..my son’s gonna be using mine It looks like temps in the single digits up north tomorrow morning…yikes!! Hey…it’s better than the honey-do list and better than sittin’ in front of this PC at work Leaving around noon today…good luck everyone!

sean colter
    Grand Rapids, MN

Yikes
    There are calling for 3-6 below tomorrow morning here in Grand Rapids..but not much for wind….boy even with light winds its going to be cold sitting in my Summit Viper Climber. Had to pack a few extra layers…as Jake were sit from dark to dark as well. Hopefully the biggin will step out early. If not the thermos is going to get a work out tomorrow…..Have fun and Good Luck to all.

sean colter
    Grand Rapids, MN

Yikes
    There are calling for 3-6 below tomorrow morning here in Grand Rapids..but not much for wind….boy even with light winds its going to be cold sitting in my Summit Viper Climber. Had to pack a few extra layers…as Jake were sit from dark to dark as well. Hopefully the biggin will step out early. If not the thermos is going to get a work out tomorrow…..Have fun and Good Luck to all.

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

Whew! Made it through the first meeting. On to the next and then out of here!!

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

Whew! Made it through the first meeting. On to the next and then out of here!!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.