H&R Ultra Slug Hunter – Anyone own one?

• Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Has anyone ever used or shot an H&R Ultra Slug Gun in either 12 or 20g?

I’m looking for a slug gun I can put a scope on that wont break the bank. Right now I’ve got a Rem 1100 with a smooth bore slug barrel and open sights. This setup works pretty well up to 75 yards or so but shows some inconsistency past that. I was looking at putting a sabbot barrel on my 1100 but I’ve found them hard to come by and quite expensive (Whatever I do, I’d like to go to a scoped gun).

When researching rifled barrels for my 1100 I stumbled on the H&R and I’m really surprised at the good reviews. From the videos I’ve watch and reviews I’ve read, it looks like they’re holding tight patterns at 150 yards.

Any insight or thoughts?

Thanks,
    Pete

tony_p
    Waterloo, IA

Very accurate gun . But kicks like a pack horse . I would say a heck of a gun for the money .

machine

Have the 20 gage for the last two years. I would say very accurate gun. Had some major problems with it last year misfiring on me and lost a good buck due to it. I did shoot a nicer buck at 175 yards this year though and didn’t have any misfiring problems. Tried to keep it much cleaner this year. I wouldn’t hesitate on buying it. Also consider the Savage 220-cabelas has them with 3×9 scope for a decent price. My dad got one this year and is happy with it

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.