WI Gun Opener – Have a great hunt!!

• cougareye
    Hudson, WI

For all of you heading out Saturday for the WI gun opener, good luck and be safe! I’m all packed, picking up the kid from school around 2:30 and we’re off!!

Will start the weekend at the Waumandee House feed Friday night, register for the big buck contest, dream a little, and we’ll be at it early Saturday.

Can’t wait!!

ET

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

Good luck we will be out as well

sipple31
    West Central Sconni

I’m a little upset about the weather… but excited, none the less! You boys got your speedos along?!

50 and sunny both days. Remember the years when it used to snow and blow?!

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Cougareye, I hope your daughter gets sweet redemption and is past the youth hunt.
    I have both my daughters hunting with me this year, so were trying to have a “family time” and not a competitive week. Somehow, I got talked into a big buck contest between us three and the winner gets out of shoveling snow for the month of dec.

Good luck!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Good luck everyone!!!

Randy, I hate to say this, but I hope you have to shovel snow every day in December.

Gaps68

Quote:

I’m a little upset about the weather… but excited, none the less! You boys got your speedos along?!

50 and sunny both days. Remember the years when it used to snow and blow?!

No speedo, but I have the bikini. Ya, gettin to be that time of year.

Good luck, have fun, and be safe!

Jon Stevens
    Northfield, Wi

4:30 can’t come soon enough today! I’m heading north to hunt with my family for the first time in 5 years.
    GOOD LUCK!

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Thanks Randy!!

Your stories of hunting with your daughter have been a real inspiration as I’ve started my hunting journey with my daughter, and hopefully daughter #2 next year.

I had my daughter along last year, non hunter, and told her that the reason I do the deer hunt is to spend time with my deer hunting family. The guys, and now girls, that come down to deer camp once a year. Many of these people I only see this one weekend a year. The Friday night feed in town and Saturday night dinner at the cabin are the highlight. The rest is gravy!!

ET

dennisdalan
    St Cloud, MN

Good luck everyone! Be safe!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I’m ready to take one down. Donated venison has been getting old the last 2 years.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Quote:

Good luck everyone!!!

Randy, I hate to say this, but I hope you have to shovel snow every day in December.

Kooty, they are at the advantage. I’m caring a video camera and they have rifles…..wonder how that will play out.
    I’m happier than a fly on a turd this year. Last night while packing the truck, I looked at the pile of racks I have sitting on a shelf in the garage. Still can look at all 30+ of them and tell you the story behind every one!. But it doesn’t even come close to the emotional charge I get when I look at Olivia’s lop-sided 7pnt from last year. The real satisfaction comes from knowing you have taught your children to be ethical, good skill sets, patience, and how to utilize the land. I’m blessed to have two wonderful daughters that fulfill my life. The challenge that now drives me is to put them into a position to surpass any of my accomplishments. I hope they do and go well beyond!
    When i was young and very stupid, I never thought that I could be a good father and vowed to not have kids. I was hot headed, knew everything, and just a little out spoken. When I came to realize that my wife’s life would never be complete without kids, I agreed (conditionally) to a couple kids. The first moment I felt my baby kick while still in my wife, it hit me. I know I don’t live a “mainstream” lifestyle, but I vowed to give them the most broad skill sets and knowledge of life. Naturally I see days that I could do a much better job.
    I never could have imagined that the reward for being devoted to my daughters would pay back so much. Now that they are making educated decisions and setting such aggressive goals for themselves, I get to enjoy the ride!
    Sorry to have drifted off so much on this. I think most know how much I enjoy seeing children taking an active roll in the sports that are so important to me. Best of luck to everyone and enjoy the companionship amongst our fellow sportsmen/women out there

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

And with every scoop of snow next month you’ll have a smile on your face.

tdhowen

Good luck everybody

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.