162″ 9pt DOWN!

• bclii
    MN/AZ

Dean, what type of Yamalube,Synthetic?

ragerunner
    Winona, MN

I shot my personal best buck during MN Gun season. Due to some farm work, I wasn’t planning to go to night stand on Saturday night, but I drove up to one of our valleys and saw that a doe was feeding in the pasture. It was already 4:30, so I snuck to an old building foundation in the middle of the pasture. The doe saw me and blew for a few minutes, so I didn’t have very high expectations for the night. Just a few minutes later a descent 9pt came out of the woods and was acting funny as he ran by the area in front of me. Minutes after he disappeared, another 8pt did the same routine. Then it was quiet for 15 minutes. Then the pasture exploded! This 9pt came out chasing a doe at 200 yds. Then a 130 class buck came out, but ran away from the original buck. Seconds later another brute of a buck came out to steal the doe. My 9pt chased the other brute a few hundred yards away. Meanwhile, the doe prances in my direction and stops about 100 yds away. My 9pt then sprints to the doe, turns broadside, then BOOM!!! He spins around as if nothing happened, then BOOM again from my brand new Remington 12GA SureShot. He drops in his tracks. After cleaning him, I found that both shots were perfect in the vitals! And the craziest factor of the night…this all happened downwind of me in 10-15mph wind. Supposedly there are some mixed reviews out there, but without Nose Jammer this night doesn’t happen. I was hunting in a sweat soaked long-sleeve t-shirt and jeans that had cattle and deer blood (from an earlier doe). I sprayed down with Nose Jammer and nothing else!

My B-I-L measured him at 162″ and change. 20″ Inside spread, 13″ G2’s, 11″ G3’s, 26″ MB.

dennisdalan
    St Cloud, MN

Great buck. Congrats!

abster71
    crawford county WI

What a great hunt and a great deer

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Awesome story and SUPER buck!!! Congrats!!

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Quote:

Awesome story and SUPER buck!!! Congrats!!

X2

tony_p
    Waterloo, IA

Awesome buck

kentuckyboy
    Maple Grove, MN

Awesome deer!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

What an awesome deer!! I also am singing the praises of Nose Jammer. It’s the real deal.

Congrats again!!!

gobbler
    Central, MN

Awesome buck RageRunner. Congrats on a PB. That buck is a STUD!!

willy_d
    Nipawin, Saskatchewan, Canada

Congrats on the PB, awesome 9 point

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Thats a nice buck, nice tine length too.

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

Great Buck congrats on a Buck of a lifetime

coppertop
    Central MN

Wow, they don’t come much bigger with 9 tines! Congrats!

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Awesome buck with some serious tine length! Big congrats RageRunner on your PB!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.