Antler Growth – less than a year

• SkeeterBoats

Great points Dean! We’re looking forward to burning a BUNCH of gas that weekend as lots of Saugerama anglers and their friends and family members put the Skeeter lineup through its paces.

Here are a handful of shots of the tillers that we will have available at the Saugerama Ride-n-Drive. These first few images are of the “Big Tiller”, the WX-2000T equipped with a 115 Yamaha 4-stroke. This is a boat that is creating quite a buzz among tiller drivers, and we’re excited to have it in our showroom!

SkeeterBoats

That’s the full line-up of boats that we will have at Everts Resort for the October Ride-n-Drive event. If you can’t make it to these events, or if you’d rather test drive another Skeeter model, we offer individual test drives out of our facility in Chippewa Falls, WI. Send us a PM, drop us an e-mail, or call us at the number below to arrange for your own test drive. These test drives have been known to turn into evening fishing trips on local waters, so come prepared to be impressed by our line-up of Yamaha-powered Skeeter boats, and to get the string stretched at the same time!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Here is a picture Jeff Williams captured on one of his personal properties. A free ranging deer that has access to Pro Antler feed on a year round basis. Look what a year has done. This buck looks very healthy even during this drought and obviously he’s put on A LOT of inches this year.

Check out this great product at http://www.NutraDeer.com. You can also follow Nutra Deer and it’s many success stories at http://www.facebook.com/NutraDeer

John

qdm4life
    Albertville, MN

Amazing what a year can do reguardless of suppliments!

scottb.
    Southeast, MN

Quote:

Amazing what a year can do reguardless of suppliments!

All most deer need is age! Year round quality feed can’t hurt!!!

john_steinhauer
    p4

Awesome photos!!!

Nutra deer sure has some awesome products!!!

huntalot60
    wisconsin

age,age,age,age,age,age and more age is what is needed. but good snacks help too.

todders
    Shoreview, MN

I do not agree entirely with age being the largest or only factor in antler growth. We have been letting young bucks walk for close to 15 years on our property and so do around half of our neighbors. Every year there would be some ok 115-125″ class bucks in the area but that was as big as we would see. Within the last 3 years when we added plenty of food and mineral to our program we are starting to see much better, heavier and taller tined racked bucks. Age is absolutely necessary for a buck to be great, but in my part of the north woods they need more than an extra year or two to develop some extra inches.
    This may not be the case in ag land or the best genetic parts of the country, but the food and mineral have been the only changes that have started to help our average 3.5-4.5 year old bucks take it up a notch .

Jon Stevens
    Northfield, Wi

Age comes first in my book. Surplus of food and mineral without a doubt pack on the head gear. I see the same results as you Todders. Our property in northern Wisconsin has very little agriculture around it and our food plots are so small, they cannot make up the difference even with the small deer herd. We have shot 5 bucks in the last 6 years that have aged anywhere from 4 1/2 on up and not one made it out of the 140’s. I shot one in 2007 that was aged at 6 1/2 to 8 1/2 and scored 142″. The taxidermist couldn’t truely determine an exact age because the teeth were worn so bad. Maybe I’m looking at it wrong. Maybe some areas just don’t have the genetics to get much bigger. Regardless, I know I have a much better chance at harvesting a better buck by letting the younger ones walk. I consider any 4 1/2 year old a shooter regarless of antler size. All of them are trophys in my book! Examples of properties like ours are a perfect proving grounds for mineral suppliments. Give them eveything you can and you will see results

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.