One night in Buffalo County.

• dennisdalan
    St Cloud, MN

I was in the Alma area of Buffalo County this past weekend and went for a little drive Saturday night. All I can say is WOW! I saw my first albino deer , a doe with a normal colored fawn and countless monster bucks . I can’t believe the size of the bucks for this time of year. (Corn aint to bad either) Sorry, don’t have any pictures but OMG there were a ton of huge bucks out… Can’t wait to see what they look like in November…

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I need to run down there some evening. I’ve heard it’s spectacular. Need a spotting scope/camera setup.

bigbuckdown
    WI

Last winter I did a LOT of ice fishing down in the Alma area, and even then I was AMAZED at the size of the deer down there. Unbelievable. There were fields where there would be 15-20 bucks out at 4pm dream land

average_joe

Ya it’s the dreamland alright…talk to someone who has lived there life down there, see how many booners their family has taken in 30 yrs. It is getting worse by the minute with out of state “hunters,” who will shoot deer that need just one more year or take an extra buck with a bow…all for the cost of an over-the-counter license without a drawing…overpopulated by non-residents and overpressured by most….

average_joe

A little clarification….If you are looking for a 125″ – 135″….a great place. Want a 150″ + then go somewhere else, hardly anyone will pass a 3 1/2 with great potential, but will pass the 5 1/2 + that is only 125″ because he doesn’t score enough. I’ve seen one ligit booner in 20 years of hunting buffalo. Wish I were an IA resident, I would never hunt more than a few days of gun season for the camaraderie in Buffalo Co.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Quote:

A little clarification….If you are looking for a 125″ – 135″….a great place. Want a 150″ + then go somewhere else, hardly anyone will pass a 3 1/2 with great potential, but will pass the 5 1/2 + that is only 125″ because he doesn’t score enough. I’ve seen one ligit booner in 20 years of hunting buffalo. Wish I were an IA resident, I would never hunt more than a few days of gun season for the camaraderie in Buffalo Co.

Really?? That’s not a deflection post is it?

bigbuckdown
    WI

To be honest, my home county has bigger deer. I will agree that Buffalo County has a lot of deer in that 125-135″ range…but more booners came out of a nearby county last year than Buffalo…actually a few years in a row now

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.