It Happens…

• travis_eckman
    Trempealeau County, WI

What a night – the chase is on!

Missed a 150+ 10 point tonight – 3 times!?! I was a bit distraugt as I’ve never missed – I DON’T MISS… Shaved his belly hair at 13 yards, again at 26 yards, then hit a limb at 36 yards. Shot the bow when I got back and found that it was shooting 4″ low at 17.5 yards. I must have banged the site sometime on my all day sit as it was dead on after last nights hunt!?! At least I know my new Z7 Extreme is crazy quiet and the brute will live another day!
    The crazy thing is that I’m not too torn up about it! The shots were all clean misses (besides some white hair), and I know there are more and bigger bucks to be had! I can’t wait to get back out there this weekend – with my bow back to deadly! Photos and post of BBD coming soon! Good luck everyone and have fun out there!

john_steinhauer
    p4

I did that two years ago with a buck. After it was all done all I could do was ask myself…How do you miss the same deer three times in 15 min?

I can’t wait to watch this rut unfold!!!!

shednut
    22 feet up

Ouch I can relate Travis….missed the biggest buck of my life 3 times in the same sitting last season. I didn’t have mechanical issues though, just choked Keep your head up bud, you have the right attitude Good luck, maybe we’ll meet up this week in town for a few cold ones

dylan_w.
    La Crosse, WI

im glad you posted this ive been stuck up all year ever since i missed earlier this year sorry to hear but this but thank you now i know other perfectionists like myself do miss

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.