mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Nice pictures corey

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Nice pictures corey

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

While my exposure is extremely limited, “tame” deer are a hoot!

I got to pet a wild youngster in June of ’85 while trail riding in the Blue Hills State Forest in WI., just east of Rice Lake a few miles. No weird behavior…………it ran into some grass and layed down. I stopped, left the cycle running, walked up to it and pet it for a spell. It stood up and seemed to appreciate it, but I could tell it wasn’t confident………..still scared. Mom stood by making no fuss at all…………..which DID seem weird to me……….but after about 5 minutes I figured enough was enough and when I stood up, it spooked the little one back across the road. Mom was still in sight so I climbed on my cycle and ventured off to find my next logging road.

Not real strange but an experience few ever get.

My tame deer exposures come from the Wilderness Walk near Hayward, WI. Deer walking around everywhere! It was a hoot!

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

While my exposure is extremely limited, “tame” deer are a hoot!

I got to pet a wild youngster in June of ’85 while trail riding in the Blue Hills State Forest in WI., just east of Rice Lake a few miles. No weird behavior…………it ran into some grass and layed down. I stopped, left the cycle running, walked up to it and pet it for a spell. It stood up and seemed to appreciate it, but I could tell it wasn’t confident………..still scared. Mom stood by making no fuss at all…………..which DID seem weird to me……….but after about 5 minutes I figured enough was enough and when I stood up, it spooked the little one back across the road. Mom was still in sight so I climbed on my cycle and ventured off to find my next logging road.

Not real strange but an experience few ever get.

My tame deer exposures come from the Wilderness Walk near Hayward, WI. Deer walking around everywhere! It was a hoot!

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.