the perfect storm

• bobbergeson

This post is to see when everyone prefers hunting and has the best luck before or after a big snow storm and why?

qdm4life
    Albertville, MN

I love the middle of the nastys about an hour before dark, it crappy and cold worst conditions ever, but you know they are coming!! I have NEVER had ANY luck before the storm hunting foodsources, everyone says ” o they wil be feeding heavy tonite”, just simply not the case, I see way more when is super nasty. Great post and congrats on the dandy bucks!!

todders
    Shoreview, MN

Good question, what classifies a front anyhow? Anytime around a storm , before, during or after has been the most eventful for me compared to consistent weather and I will put the boots down or climb in a tree whenever possible around a “change” in the weather

rsballar6941
    Rochester, MN

I would have to say before the front just because I simply cant get to my hunting area after a big snow fall as the plows block my entrance to land I hunt

lick

Hunted last night before the snow saw 2 fawns

Hunted this morning during the snow and got skunked

We will see what tonite brings

Did get this neat pic thou

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Quote:

I love the middle of the nastys about an hour before dark, it crappy and cold worst conditions ever, but you know they are coming!! I have NEVER had ANY luck before the storm hunting foodsources, everyone says ” o they wil be feeding heavy tonite”, just simply not the case, I see way more when is super nasty. Great post and congrats on the dandy bucks!!

X2

lick

Wth the deer I saw tonite and all the ones I heard of hitting the snow. I’m now going with after the storm

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

Quote:

Wth the deer I saw tonite and all the ones I heard of hitting the snow. I’m now going with after the storm

X2 Top heavy had 4 bucks and more than 20 does tonight. I counted 24 does and 1 buck from my house

coppertop
    Central MN

I believe that falling snow gives the deer a false sense of security. Take in as many snowy hunts as possible.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.