When you REALLY got to go!!!!

• bobg3723
    Crystal, MN

All right guys, I don’t know how often this happens to you guys, but have you ever gone out to your deer stand and had to go On Sunday morning I got out to my secret spot, surrounded by all my friends. I was there for no more then a half hour and figured out that I wasn’t going to make it till 11, heck I wasn’t going to make it till 7. I sat there in my climber and tried to hold it in as much as possible. Right at the time when I could shoot, I decided I couldn’t make it!! I was ready to jump down when I heard a stick break. I looked to my left and seen this buck. Now I have never got a buck with my bow, I had never even got a deer with it till this year. Now I’m shaking like I have never done before and I don’t know if it’s because there’s a buck in front of me or if it’s because I’m ready to blow up. I decide that it’s not the biggest buck but my whole goal for this year was to shoot a buck so I let the arrow fly. The rage hits the mark and as soon as I let go I start climbing down. I made it half way down the tree and knew I couldn’t make it so….I jumped out of the tree. It was only about 8-10 ft up at this point but I just couldn’t hold it no more.

I knew that there were guys around me so I wanted to get back to my truck for some privacy. I started to walk but ended up sprinting to my truck, ripping off the jackets, bibs etc. on the way.

Now it’s not the biggest buck but its my first and I got a heck of a story to go with it. Thanks Sauger and BurBob for all the help, You guys are the best He ran 50-75 yards and there was a 3ft wide blood trail to follow

P.S. Don’t eat Mexican at midnight, the night before a hunt

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I always make an attempt to lighten the load prior to heading to the stand. Luckily I’ve never been in your position.

Great story and congrats on your first bow buck!!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Congrats on your first buck and Great Story to boot!

outdoors

They are all taste the same!! Congrats!!

lick

Great story congrats on your 1st bow buck and thanks for sharing

the_grump
    Le Center

Just maybe it was the pre big event gasses that you where emitting that attracted the buck in.

The next time I headout I may consider using this deadly, yet often underutilized tactic

Congrats on reaching your goal for the year.

big_g
    Isle, MN

garvi
    LACROSSE WI

good job on holding it

Quite a few years ago on opening morning of gun season. I unloaded 3 times before we left the farm house and thought ok I’m empty.

Well I have about a 40 minute hike with about 300 ft vertical climb to get to my stand and wouldn’t you know it, it got some things moving.

Once I got up there I had about 1/2 hr before shooting time and think I can hold it for awhile or it just might go away after some air gets released. Now it’s shooting time and I hear a few shots from the neighbors and I am also thinking this isn’t going away

The wind is in my face coming up the hill and I have the neighbors field about 60 yds behind me downwind. So I am almost crying it’s pushing so hard. Gotta go NOW
    So I walk up my shooting lane to the fence and the wind is blowing across the field. Barely get down to skin and out it comes , WHEW, that was close

I just got my bibs snapped up and I hear the sound of hoofs in the leaves coming from my left and it’s a nice ten pt. he trots right up to my log pile blind and stops in my shooting lane, I click the safety off and pull the trigger, and he does the death sprint off, so I finish putting on my clothes and walk down to where he was standing and look at my blind and blood is splattered all over the side of it, I walk over the nob and there he is laying.

Not the biggest buck I have shot but a special one with the experience.

deertracker

Just use the trick I do for gun season. Suck down a bottle of pepto and it locks you up all week.
    DT

lick

Quote:

Just use the trick I do for gun season. Suck down a bottle of pepto and it locks you up all week.
    DT

the_grump
    Le Center

“he trots right up to my log pile blind ” WOW I was really impressed until I slowed down and reread that paragraph

coppertop
    Central MN

Congrats on your BM and your buck.

protourbaits
    stillwater, MN

I had that happen to me this year bow hunting. I had to stop on my way into the stand for about 5 minutes to push it back in and about 45 minutes later as i was in the tree, i felt like i was going to burst!!!! I HAD to get down and i haven’t gotten out of my clothes so fast since then Needless to say i had to wash everything that night

tony_p
    Waterloo, IA

LMAO . Congrats on your buck

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

I’m still laughing

jason_ramthun
    Byron MN

Sh*t happens

LMAO Congrats man

mallard_militia
    Fulton County, Illinois

You appear to be relieved in your photos. Congrats.

chev70
    SW Wisconsin

Quote:

Quote:

DT

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

Congrats Willy!! Sorry about my fat finger in your photo’s Way to get that first one out of the way.Now you have one to beat next year Awesome shot to boot considering your circumstances We have all been there

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Great story and nice job on the buck too. A buddy of mine had the same experience although he wasn’t so lucky…he was able to get the one piece blaze orange suit off to do the duty…but what he didn’t do was make sure the jacket portion of the suit was out of the way! He doesn’t realize it until after he pulls it up!

burbob
    Hastings,MN

Was hard to stop laughing when you sent me that text Saturday morning. Congrats on the buck

**Side note** when dropping them in the woods make sure you clear your bibs and the STRAPS from the LZ before unloading. Learned the hard way

690reece
    Hutchinson,Minnesota

Congrats on the buck!

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Too much!

When we were “pinched” in the deer woods, dad use to yell,…….

“don’t break the bead”!

prieser
    Byron, MN

Quote:

It was only about 8-10 ft up at this point but I just couldn’t hold it no more.

How did you get your stand down???

Great story, just about anyone who’s hunted has had a similar story

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Congrats on your first bow buck and thanks for the laughs!

shednut
    22 feet up

Congrats on your first bow buck and great story! That’s what you call getting it done under pressure

And to Garvi, your “log pile blind” had me thinking twice too…too funny

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.