Unique Deer Video Encounter

• robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Here is a unique video encounter from a few weeks ago. The video captured was shot from the secondary camera during a hunt I was self filming. It came very close to going down but needlees to say it just didn’t quite come together, but cool none the less. I hope you enjoy!

walleyefisher87
    Central MN/SJU

seems to be always the case Rob, so close but yet so far…

john_steinhauer
    p4

better than sitting at home like i was

bennyj
    sunrise mn

That was fun to watch. Looks like you need some help up in the stand. I always find it amazing how much movement you can get away with in the stand. Cool video

lick

That is a neat video I agree Benny It really shows how much movement you can get away with when you have good camo and the right tree

chev70
    SW Wisconsin

Cool Video Rob

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Thanks Guys!

Yep good camo, the right tree, knowing where your deer are and most importantly knowing when you can move. I’m on the edge and what you see is the thin cover side. The other side is thick cover with trees. I could hear that fawn walking away knowing its attention was directed forward enabling me to swing the camera aorund the tree.

I hope to find a camera man or two for next year.

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Been there and done that Lip! One of the toughest things to do is film your own hunt! But I’m looking forward to it this weekend again. Great footage too…shows what goes on when trying to film yourself! Thanks for sharing.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

shows what goes on when trying to film yourself!

You said it Dart!. A lot of thinking or scramblin. Not only trying to get a shot at a deer, but making sure the camera settings are good, capture footage, bow in the wrong hand so I could see the view finder easier, switching hands, check camera settings again keep a moving deer in the field of view change focus as it gets closer, frame the animal or anticipate where it will be and then trying to pick the right moment to draw which is usually a lot different then if you did not have a camera.

Some set ups are harder some are easier. I find Field edge filming way easier.

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quote:

Quote:

shows what goes on when trying to film yourself!

You said it Dart!. A lot of thinking or scramblin. Not only trying to get a shot at a deer, but making sure the camera settings are good, capture footage, bow in the wrong hand so I could see the view finder easier, switching hands, check camera settings again keep a moving deer in the field of view change focus as it gets closer, frame the animal or anticipate where it will be and then trying to pick the right moment to draw which is usually a lot different then if you did not have a camera.

Some set ups are harder some are easier. I find Field edge filming way easier.

And once you’ve done all that, trying to get the animal to stop in just the right spot for the shot! never easy but fun trying.

BBushy
    Moorhead, Minnesota

Hey Rob,
    I find it interesting and another thing to try to accomplish is filming yourself and trying to shoot a deer.
    Good luck and hopefully next time you will get lucky.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.