Worst week of hunting in my life!

• scottb.
    Southeast, MN

Well, this is hands down the worst week of hunting in my life!

#1 trespassers, I have permission to hunt about 6 different properties and I know everyone else who can hunt the same, funny I saw orange everywhere and none were people who had permission. I am not the owner or manager of the land so my hands were tied other than a few “kind” words.

#2 2 deer shot right out from underneath me on 2 different properties, again not the owner so what can I do! Neither deer I was going to shoot but literally shot within 50 yards of where I sat!

#3 Because of the above I have sat about 15 times and 10 of those I did not see 1 deer! I hunt southeast MN with high deer populations, to not see a deer is unheard of!

#4 I saw more big deer this summer and fall than ever before and was so pumped for hunting season, more than I can remember, to have this happen is crushing.

#5 I am still excited because I have bow and muzzy left and I know the big guys I watched all summer and fall are still alive and my whole season can change in about 10 seconds!!!!!!!!!

protourbaits
    stillwater, MN

Dont you love gun season!?!

rsballar6941
    Rochester, MN

Yep..I know exactly what your saying. I have several properties I hunt that during gun season turn into some type of orange man parade all of which trespass and since Im not the owner I just cant do much. The big boys are still out there and since bow hunting is my passion I would rather use my tag in that fashion. Go get em

qdm4life
    Albertville, MN

Quote:

Well, this is hands down the worst week of hunting in my life!
    #1 trespassers, I have permission to hunt about 6 different properties and I know everyone else who can hunt the same, funny I saw orange everywhere and none were people who had permission. I am not the owner or manager of the land so my hands were tied other than a few “kind” words.
    #2 2 deer shot right out from underneath me on 2 different properties, again not the owner so what can I do! Neither deer I was going to shoot but literally shot within 50 yards of where I sat!
    #3 Because of the above I have sat about 15 times and 10 of those I did not see 1 deer! I hunt southeast MN with high deer populations, to not see a deer is inheard of!
    #4 I saw more big deer this summer and fall than ever before and was so pumped for this fall, more than I can remember, to have this happen is crushing.

#5 I am still excited because I have bow and muzzy left and I know the big guys I watched all summer and fall are still alive and my whole season can change in about 10 seconds!!!!!!!!!

Its like you read my mind!!Same problems, 9 hunts o sighted during legal shooting hours

jeff-rudy
    Rosemount, MN

I feel your pain, it happens everywhere. Down here in Iowa come gun season in December property lines and trespassing laws mean nothing. Between the trespassers, road hunters, and poachers, its amazing we have any deer sometimes. Worst part is when you catch them, they are usually downright nasty pieces of trash who threaten you and will spit in your face.

Not just gun season, yesterday while tracking a deer I came across a headless buck 20 yards off the road on my land. Probably not an upstanding archer who shot that one and cut his head off in the field…

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Sorry about your bad luck. It’s too bad that some people have to ruin it for others. Keep the faith and hopefully you’ll be rewarded!

gobbler
    Central, MN

I know where you are coming from. 2 years ago I had a hunter shoot straight at me when a deer was between us. I didn’t even bother to go out bow hunting during the firearm season this year because I end up getting frustrated. Let the others have their 4-9 days in the woods. Like you said, you can still go with a bow or muzzle loader. Good luck and I hope your season turns around. ->>>————–>

jason_ramthun
    Byron MN

This sounds just like my 9 day hunt

coppertop
    Central MN

Sorry to hear Scott. I don’t even dare to get started on this subject but I do breathe a HUGE sigh of relief when gun season is over.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.